P&O and Cunard summer 2019 launch

Topics that are specific to cruising

Topic author
towny44
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

P&O and Cunard summer 2019 launch

Post by towny44 »

Pre registration for both starts 4th Sept with P&O open for sale from 11th to 13th Sept, dependant on loyalty or cruise date, Cunard open for sale from 13th &14th Sept.
John

Trainee Pensioner since 2000

david63
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: P&O and Cunard summer 2019 launch

Post by david63 »

Any idea when they might tell us what their "offerings" will be as I have not seen mention anywhere?

Topic author
towny44
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by towny44 »

Probably not until the 4th, unless Igloo get itchy feet!
John

stocktonmackem2
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by stocktonmackem2 »

towny44 wrote: 20 Aug 2017, 08:07
Pre registration for both starts 4th Sept with P&O open for sale from 11th to 13th Sept, dependant on loyalty or cruise date, Cunard open for sale from 13th &14th Sept.
Any ideas on which month you are fancying Towny, need to be first finger to the trigger this year so you don't pinch my cabin :sarcasm: :D

Whynd1
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Whynd1 »

Not seen anything released as yet, it would be nice to have a few different ports of call, or to revisit some of the ones they used to do more regularly but they dont do so much any more like Palma etc.

Topic author
towny44
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by towny44 »

stocktonmackem2 wrote: 20 Aug 2017, 09:05
Any ideas on which month you are fancying Towny, need to be first finger to the trigger this year so you don't pinch my cabin :sarcasm: :D
Pat, We might be looking for a summer holiday Med cruise if the family want to go, but if it's on Azura or Ventura then we could happily settle for a starboard cabin in the Med, but it needs to be a left handed bathroom so only 302 and 303 are suitable. Let's hope we are both lucky.
John

Boris+
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Boris+ »

Should be back home by then, but I'm not going to book anything with Cunard until I've been back on board and assessed how we rate their 'improvements '.

Whynd1
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Whynd1 »

Just received an email mail from P and O !string me know when I will be able to book the new 2019 collection. One problem though they don't tell you what's on offer.

Lindsey

Mervyn and Trish
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Mervyn and Trish »

We'll be looking to try Adonia, probably for 7 days, unless she's been sent off on another missionary excursion?

stocktonmackem2
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by stocktonmackem2 »

towny44 wrote: 20 Aug 2017, 10:01
stocktonmackem2 wrote: 20 Aug 2017, 09:05
Pat, We might be looking for a summer holiday Med cruise if the family want to go, but if it's on Azura or Ventura then we could happily settle for a starboard cabin in the Med, but it needs to be a left handed bathroom so only 302 and 303 are suitable. Let's hope we are both lucky.
We are lucky that It doesn't really matter about which side the bathroom is as John doesn't use it. As you say hopefully we both get one. It's just annoying that you need to book so early. I tried in April for an extra cruise in Sept/Oct on 3 different cruise lines and no accessible cabins available. Hopefully the new ship has a few extra but something tells me there won't be.

Gill W
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Gill W »

The 4th is the day we get back from our little Columbus cruise, so it'll be nice to be able to look at the new cruises available.

For 2019, we are interested in a cruise that goes to Greece/Greek Islands, preferably on Azura or Ventura, as its been a few years since we've been on either ship
Gill

daib GC
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Post by daib GC »

david63 wrote: 20 Aug 2017, 08:37
Any idea when they might tell us what their "offerings" will be as I have not seen mention anywhere?
Some time in November.

8-)

Topic author
towny44
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by towny44 »

daib GC wrote: 20 Aug 2017, 21:16
david63 wrote: 20 Aug 2017, 08:37
Some time in November.

8-)
Now that's very naughty Dai, you know that your response if anyone else made such a comment would be, "Not true, why do you make incorrect statements".
John

Kenmo1
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Kenmo1 »

I can understand that a lot of people have to think well in advance because of requiring a particular cabin but I find it difficult to get my head round insurance issues. We have cruises booked for April and July 2018 but our annual insurance expires on November 22nd 2017 so I just have to hope that because of Ken's heart condition we can renew our insurance at a reasonable cost then.

What do you do for the cruises you are booking so far in advance or do you just take pot luck that you will get insurance at a reasonable cost nearer the time or just accept that you might lose the deposit. I thought most insurance companies didn't insure more than a year in advance.

Maureen.

david63
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by david63 »

I believe, and I may be wrong, that if you have an annual insurance policy that you renew each year then you will be covered. You are right though - most online insurance companies will not insure you more than 12 months in advance, although you can find some that do, but you need to talk to them.

Personally I would take the gamble of loosing the deposit if I could not get insurance that far in advance (unless it was a Worldie) and there is always the option to switch to another cruise.
Last edited by david63 on 22 Aug 2017, 09:38, edited 1 time in total.

Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

I can never understand all the hype with booking this far in advance. Whenever we book, which can be anything up to a year in advance we always get a suitable cabin pretty much mid-ships and price we are happy with.

Kenmo1
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Kenmo1 »

Stephen wrote: 22 Aug 2017, 10:02
I can never understand all the hype with booking this far in advance. Whenever we book, which can be anything up to a year in advance we always get a suitable cabin pretty much mid-ships and price we are happy with.
I think the problem has got worse for people with mobility issues especially since PO brought in the rules regarding wheelchairs and scooters not being left in the corridors as there has to be room in the cabin to store them and there are only a limited amount of suitable cabins.

Maureen
Last edited by Kenmo1 on 22 Aug 2017, 10:12, edited 1 time in total.

david63
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by david63 »

Up to a point I would agree, but for the last few cruises that we have booked on opening day (mainly due to them being popular cruises), or thereabouts, the price has been the lowest to date, in one case by over 1K per person, - yes the price could go down before we sail but that is the chance you take.

My overall experience recently has been that opening prices are the cheapest.

Topic author
towny44
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by towny44 »

Very true Maureen, we would prefer that the launch for 2019 summer cruises was not until March/April next year, which is more in line with other cruise lines and would give us more choice.
Stephen, there are limited 4 berth cabins available, so families often need to book early to secure a good cabin.
David, that's my experience as well, launch prices can save you a lot versus later bookings.
Last edited by towny44 on 22 Aug 2017, 11:36, edited 1 time in total.
John

Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

I'll wait and take my chances. It's not the end of the world if we didn't get the cruise or cabin we would have liked.

Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

Pre-registration open
4 September 8.00am - 10 September 2017 4.00pm
Call 03453 555 111 (local call charges apply)

On sale for members of our Top Tiers
11 September 2017 8.00am - 8.00pm
Exclusively for Caribbean, Baltic and Ligurian Tier
Peninsular Club members

On general sale
12 September 2017 8.00am
Holidays departing from March - May 2019

13 September 2017 8.00am
Holidays departing from June - October 2019
Last edited by Stephen on 22 Aug 2017, 13:41, edited 2 times in total.

david63
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by david63 »

Ah - Stephen's had the email at last.

I suppose somebody has to be last :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

Had the info yesterday morning.

Thought I'd provide the FULL info for those that hadn't :roll:

Suekersh
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Suekersh »

We have always booked on launch day with FCD s in hand. We now have only enough FCD Left for 2 cruises 😢😢 so will book those on the 11 September whilst we are on Oriana but through our TA by e mail.
We find the prices are generally less for the select fare and we like to choose aft cabin balconies. Booking early suits us at the moment.

daib GC
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Post by daib GC »

For the last 3/4 years we have not had a cruise where the price we payed on day one of booking has been bettered. But then we have to book then to get a cabin as I use a scooter but it is nice to see the prices rise after we have booked.

In a lot of cases if we don't book early we don't get a cruise.

Return to “Cruise Specific Discussion”