Marco Polo P729

Topics that are specific to cruising

Topic author
poole boy
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Marco Polo P729

Post by poole boy »

We booked this cruise 8 weeks before sailing not knowing that I would be taken ill on our Adonia cruise 10th sept to 17th, I was finally given doctors permission to go on this cruise 4 days before sailing.
we had a boarding time of 4 pm at Bristol but arrived early at 2.45pm and were invited to board straight away, our cabin was 462 grade 12 as this was a late booking we were amazed to find it was the largest and most well fitted cabin we have had.
we had lots of people on Adonia telling us how awful marco polo was but we really enjoyed the ship the food was equal to p&o and the drinks were very cheap a rusty nail whiskey and Drambuie was only £3.85 incredible value.
the ship was clean and service was very good although you could tell in a couple of places that it was an old ship but we have seen things wrong on oceana and Arcadia on our travels.
The dress code was observed by about 70% of passengers but nobody said anything to those that did not, all in we had an excellent cruise sailing to Honfleur Antwerp and sailing up the river seine to Rouen with an overnight stay :D
graham

Jan Rosser
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Re: Marco Polo P729

Post by Jan Rosser »

Hi Graham - glad to hear you enjoyed your trip on Marco Polo - subject to the right itinerary I wouldn't hesitate to sail on the ship again especially out of Cardiff - so convenient - wouldn't be too far to sail from Bristol either.

Loved the sail up the river to Rouen - wouldn't mind doing that again and seeing more of Rouen (we did the Paris trip last time) - definitely interested in another trip on this ship. Food was good and drinks were very good value - my friends bought the drinks package - £17 per person per day which was very good value subject to you drinking enough of course :lol:
Janis

oldbluefox
Ex Team Member

Post by oldbluefox »

Thanks Graham. I am definitely interested in what C&M offer especially as they use ports which are much closer to home, thus saving us the long haul down to Southampton.

cruisingtoski
Cadet
Cadet

Post by cruisingtoski »

In May this year I went to the Fjords with C&M on the Marco Polo. A small ship but perfectly formed !
We booked very last minute (a week before sailing ) and had a very, very good deal. We sailed out of Bristol and back into Cardiff, very convenient as my family live in South Wales. We visited more ports than an equivalent cruise with P&O. The ship, food etc was excellent and the drinks package very good value for money
The Fjords Cruise was the second C&M cruise I’d been on (I previously went on the Magellana to the Baltic’s) and the first for my brother and sister in law.
We enjoyed what C&M and the Marco Polo had to offer and we have booked to go to Iceland on the Marco Polo next May, sailing out of and into Cardiff.
Denise

Gill W
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Gill W »

I went on a lunch and look round the Marco Polo about four years ago and thought she was very nice indeed, especially as she's quite an old girl. I've since cruised on Magellan and Columbus and rate CMV highly for what is essentially a budget cruise line. I hope to cruise with CMV again some time soon.

Glad you enjoyed yourself Graham - the itinerary you did is on my to do list, but from Tilbury instead of Avonmouth
Gill

Return to “Cruise Specific Discussion”