The Apprentice on Britannia

Topics that are specific to cruising

Topic author
Gill W
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

The Apprentice on Britannia

Post by Gill W »

Next week's The Apprentice was filmed on Britannia. The contestants have got to sell a tour of Bruges to the passengers.

It was filmed in May. My friends did a weekend on Britannia in May, but didn't mention any filming going on.

The Apprentices are as daft as ever this year, but I will definitely be watching this one

BBC 1, 9pm, 8th November
Gill

qbman1
Captain
Captain

Re: The Apprentice on Britannia

Post by qbman1 »

Gill W wrote: 03 Nov 2017, 14:57
Next week's The Apprentice was filmed on Britannia. The contestants have got to sell a tour of Bruges to the passengers.

It was filmed in May. My friends did a weekend on Britannia in May, but didn't mention any filming going on.

The Apprentices are as daft as ever this year, but I will definitely be watching this one

BBC 1, 9pm, 8th November
Sounds like they had a lucky escape !

Manoverboard
Ex Team Member

Post by Manoverboard »

This years applicant are a right bunch of to**ers ... but we too will be viewing the various predictable debacles :lol:.
Keep smiling, it's good for your well being

Happydays
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Happydays »

I have just watched this, where do they manage to get these arrogant self serving candidates? They are absolutely appalling!!

david63
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by david63 »

Happydays wrote: 08 Nov 2017, 22:49
I have just watched this, where do they manage to get these arrogant self serving candidates? They are absolutely appalling!!
By careful selection to make good TV

Manoverboard
Ex Team Member

Post by Manoverboard »

Anyone want a crappo Key Ring ..... :lol:

oldbluefox
Ex Team Member

Post by oldbluefox »

Happydays wrote: 08 Nov 2017, 22:49
I can't bear to watch them. They are so full of themselves yet totally clueless and unrealistic. Just a load of arrogant poseurs as far as I'm concerned. If they're the best we can come up with then may the good Lord help us!!!

CaroleF
First Officer
First Officer

Post by CaroleF »

My thoughts exactly! If this is the future of British business then there's not much hope. I don't usually watch The Apprentice, I shan't be doing so again. How did that guy with the glasses not get fired - what an arrogant idiot!

Carole

david63
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by david63 »

Let's get one thing straight - this is reality television and has nothing to do with business

CaroleF
First Officer
First Officer

Post by CaroleF »

Just as well.

oldbluefox
Ex Team Member

Post by oldbluefox »

david63 wrote: 11 Nov 2017, 09:07
Let's get one thing straight - this is reality television and has nothing to do with business
Considering some of the characters I have met they live among us with their hair-brained ideas. Trouble is you can't switch them off.

david63
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by david63 »

With being away I only managed to catch up with this last night and, to me, it was a total "set up".

Firstly, how many passengers on a P&O ship walk around with cash in their pockets - let alone over £100? I never have that much anyway now that tips are not paid in cash, and if I did need any I would get it from reception.

Why were the passengers not asking for their Peninsular discount?

One thing that really annoys me about many of the tasks on The Apprentice is that these are supposed to be "business" tasks but the teams are not given or maybe not allowed to use business tools. If, as in this task, you were organising an excursion then surely the first thing that you would do is check what your competitors, in this case P&O, were offering and at what price. To just pick a price out of thin air is crazy and who in their right mind would pay £50 for a half day walking tour?

Manoverboard
Ex Team Member

Post by Manoverboard »

Who would pay £50 for a walking tour ?

I would but only on the basis that the charges weren't actually being made to those who participated.

Return to “Cruise Specific Discussion”