Alcohol policy shock

Topics that are specific to cruising

Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Re: Alcohol policy shock

Post by Stephen »

towny44 wrote: 23 Nov 2017, 16:37
I have been known to carry a wine glass out of the dining room if there was too much left for me to finish, so it's possible that as I went into the theatre or one of the lounges someone might think I had brought it from my cabin.........just saying.
Personally I couldn't give a monkies John.
Last edited by Stephen on 23 Nov 2017, 16:47, edited 1 time in total.

daib GC
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Post by daib GC »

Dancing Queen wrote: 23 Nov 2017, 11:42
Is it just me ?? having recently seen a P&O drinks price list to order via your cabin steward for in cabin consumption I don't think £19 for a litre bottle of spirits is unreasonable, personally I don't know why people are getting so upset about it .. if you want a drink in your cabin it seems a small price to pay and after all you would pay the same here in the supermarket for the same brand.
That would be my photo. 8-)

BTW its £17.10 with your 10% off 8-)

Why would you bother to carry it on to save £1.10. on the supermarket Christmas deal. And on the ship it’s export strength not the 37% in the U.K.

8-)

screwy
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by screwy »

I take you will be able to take mixers on board, at any port.?
Mel

Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

screwy wrote: 23 Nov 2017, 19:56
That would be more sensible screwy. They are a real rip off on board, or anywhere come to that apart from the supermarkets.

Manoverboard
Ex Team Member

Post by Manoverboard »

Stephen wrote: 23 Nov 2017, 21:50
screwy wrote: 23 Nov 2017, 19:56
That would be more sensible screwy. They are a real rip off on board, or anywhere come to that apart from the supermarkets.
I suggest that you take a 1.5ltr bottle ( fits in the fridge ) of Tonic Water plus a Gizmo to ' Keep the Fizz in the Bottle' .

Hic ...

Last edited by Manoverboard on 24 Nov 2017, 10:34, edited 3 times in total.
Keep smiling, it's good for your well being

Dancing Queen
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Dancing Queen »

daib GC wrote: 23 Nov 2017, 19:45
Dancing Queen wrote: 23 Nov 2017, 11:42
Is it just me ?? having recently seen a P&O drinks price list to order via your cabin steward for in cabin consumption I don't think £19 for a litre bottle of spirits is unreasonable, personally I don't know why people are getting so upset about it .. if you want a drink in your cabin it seems a small price to pay and after all you would pay the same here in the supermarket for the same brand.
That would be my photo. 8-)

BTW its £17.10 with your 10% off 8-)

Why would you bother to carry it on to save £1.10. on the supermarket Christmas deal. And on the ship it’s export strength not the 37% in the U.K.

8-)
No idea if it was your photo Dai it wasn't your name attached to it though, perhaps you could post it here too to advise others who might be interested, silly me I should have realised it would be even cheaper with the 10% off but I was merely commenting on the price it is in Tesco at the moment not suggesting I would be buying it to take on board as a means to save £1.10 as .. a) I no longer cruise with P&O and b) the level of accommodation I book with my preferred cruise line I don't have to think about buying any alcohol as it is all complimentary for in cabin consumption and replenished regularly :clap: :clap:
Jo

Return to “Cruise Specific Discussion”