No anti viral hand gel in MDR? Aurora

Topics that are specific to cruising

Topic author
London Cruiser
Cadet
Cadet

No anti viral hand gel in MDR? Aurora

Post by London Cruiser »

Just got off Aurora, none of the above hand gel stations or a waiter with a squirty bottle, when my wife enquired why, she was told a risk assessment had been done and conclusion was the MDR is a very low risk area :roll: Not sure if this policy is ship specific

Meg 50
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Re: No anti viral hand gel in MDR? Aurora

Post by Meg 50 »

I suppose they reckon that no one touches anything in there since the waiters dish everything.
While their logic is impeccable, I think they are better continuing to squirt there as well, just to reinforce the habit!
Meg
x

david63
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by david63 »

It was certainly evident on Ventura last month

CaroleF
First Officer
First Officer

Post by CaroleF »

We were told by the Executive Purser (now Hotel Manager) on one cruise that an assessment was always taken and the Gel was only used when it was deemed necessary, it was not done as a matter of routine all the time. How this assessment is done I have no idea.

Carole

Quizzical Bob
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Quizzical Bob »

I think it's anti-bacterial rather than anti-viral.

They were using it on Adonia recently but on some occasions there were no waiters at the entrance, just a few hand-bottles. This is a good way to spread nasties from one passenger to another.

Topic author
London Cruiser
Cadet
Cadet

Post by London Cruiser »

CaroleF wrote: 20 Dec 2017, 09:58
We were told by the Executive Purser (now Hotel Manager) on one cruise that an assessment was always taken and the Gel was only used when it was deemed necessary, it was not done as a matter of routine all the time. How this assessment is done I have no idea.

Carole
Carole, I`ve never a cruise where hand gel has not been used/promoted in the MDR, normally waiters standing there squirty bottles in hand ready to pounce, interesting he should say that. Perhaps its all made of snake oil and doesnt work anyway :lol:

Return to “Cruise Specific Discussion”