Paying the deposit and final balance.

Topics that are specific to cruising

Topic author
Ray B
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Paying the deposit and final balance.

Post by Ray B »

It will not make much difference to me, as the money is there when I book a holiday . The bonus could be leaving the money in my account for an extra month, because as I see it on Saturday (January 13),it will mean companies are no longer able to charge a fee to customers for paying by credit or debit card, and my travel agent has informed all it's customers in a letter saying just that. Just make sure the money is there if putting it 'on the card' .
Don't worry, be happy

towny44
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Re: Paying the deposit and final balance.

Post by towny44 »

I cannot believe that all companies that have been benefiting from this charge will simply roll over and accept any losses as a result of this legislation. They are going to find some way to recoup the lost profit, or the extra credit card costs they will now incur, the problem will be that it may take some time to find how they are doing this, and it may not be as easy for the likes of you and I Ray to avoid the new extra costs.
Yet another example of the EU doing the wrong thing, I reckon I am now paying twice as much for my Sky Sports since the EU demanded that the PL introduce competition by not allowing Sky to bid for the entire PL package.
John

Trainee Pensioner since 2000

Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

They will have to accept it, it will be law after the 13th Jan. But of course they are going to cover the costs in future by adding it to the price of goods and services. Like Ray our balance is due soon, and the money is there, but will wait until after the 13th to pay by credit card.

Manoverboard
Ex Team Member

Post by Manoverboard »

The selling agents will presumably add an ' Admin ' charge ... or conceal any discounts that may have applied previously.
Keep smiling, it's good for your well being

Topic author
Ray B
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Ray B »

What ever happens, we are going to pay.
Don't worry, be happy

towny44
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by towny44 »

Will the new rules extend to purchasing foreign currency, at present you are charged if you use a credit card but not a debit card, does anyone know if this will also change?
John

Trainee Pensioner since 2000

Return to “Cruise Specific Discussion”