Round Britain on Oriana

Topics that are specific to cruising

Topic author
Whynd1
First Officer
First Officer

Round Britain on Oriana

Post by Whynd1 »

Am on Oriana and we have had 14 metre swell and and some bad sea days weather wise.
Have booked this ship for around Britain next June. Any idea what the sea state might be.
For the first time in my cruising history have been unwell and have had to miss dinner twice.
Excuse the typing sat in Andersons on a rocky ship waiting to get ready for the loyalty lunch which clashes with a formal night and a gala menu.

JoanneB
Third Officer
Third Officer

Re: Round Britain on Oriana

Post by JoanneB »

P&O planning at it's best!!

June should be a lot calmer, and round the coast is calmer than out at sea. We did at at a similar time of year and it was fine.

Kenmo1
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Kenmo1 »

Whynd1 wrote: 19 Mar 2018, 10:37
Am on Oriana and we have had 14 metre swell and and some bad sea days weather wise.
Have booked this ship for around Britain next June. Any idea what the sea state might be.
For the first time in my cruising history have been unwell and have had to miss dinner twice.
Oh, Lindsey, I feel for you. :sick: When we were on Oriana in February and we hit a storm I was sea sick - only the 2nd time in over 30 cruises although I sometimes feel yucky. It nearly put me off booking another cruise but I overcame that feeling and booked another one on her for July 2019 plus we have one on her in April.

Hopefully one in June will have much better weather and calmer seas. Cruising around Britain is something I would love to do.

Maureen.

GillD46
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by GillD46 »

Only twice I have been REALLY seasick, one of those was on Oriana with that peculiar motion she has. I never booked to go on her again, partly for that reason.
Gill

gfwgfw
First Officer
First Officer

Post by gfwgfw »

At this time of year I enjoy cruising on the Sandbanks Ferry :roll:
Gentle Giant of Cerne Abbas :wave:

wolfie
First Officer
First Officer

Post by wolfie »

Nobody can predict the weather, BUT, one of the best cruises that we have taken was an around Britain cruise.

We have sailed on Oriana in November (23nights), February (35 nights) and July (21nights) and crossed the Atlantic on her on all 3 of those cruises. Would sail on her again at the drop of a hat, if we could.

The only ship that we have spent more sea days on is Aurora, but we have always opted for itinerary.

Mervyn and Trish
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Mervyn and Trish »

We'd like to do a round Britain sometime. Had hoped to do it on Adonia. Ah well....

Gill W
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Gill W »

In February 2016 we had some terrible weather on Oceana, and I was seasick for the first time in years. It knocks your confidence a bit. Our next cruise was on Oriana in the September of 2016, going round Britain. I'm pleased to report that everything was fine. Calm seas most of the way, and only the very slightest of movement. It was a good cruise to do after a bad experience.
Gill

Return to “Cruise Specific Discussion”