£1bn still owed in refunds

Topics that are specific to cruising

Topic author
Midlandslass
Cadet
Cadet

£1bn still owed in refunds

Post by Midlandslass »

How many of you on here who requested a refund after their holiday was cancelled are still awaiting for a refund ?
It took us 6 months to receive a refund from our TA, the cruise line refunded after 3 months and the TA held onto our money for another 3 months.

https://www.which.co.uk/news/2020/11/ov ... -holidays/

Bensham33
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Re: £1bn still owed in refunds

Post by Bensham33 »

Still waiting for a refund from airline for a flight to Ibiza we were supposed to go on in May.
Up the Palace

Topic author
Midlandslass
Cadet
Cadet

Post by Midlandslass »

I'm surprised that only one of you have had trouble getting refunds or maybe most of you opted for the FCC?
We only received our refund after initiating a section 75 with our bank otherwise I think we'd still be waiting.

towny44
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by towny44 »

Midlandslass wrote: 05 Nov 2020, 13:18
I'm surprised that only one of you have had trouble getting refunds or maybe most of you opted for the FCC?
We only received our refund after initiating a section 75 with our bank otherwise I think we'd still be waiting.
Which cruise line and which TA? Because most cruise lines based in the UK seemed to bypass the TAs, because all the high street agents were shut in the lockdown, so the cruise lines did all the refunds, not very successfully though.
John

Trainee Pensioner since 2000

Topic author
Midlandslass
Cadet
Cadet

Post by Midlandslass »

My TA was IGLU and the cruise line was Oceania.
Looking at trustpilot, Iglu’s handling of refunds is poor.
Obviously due to the unprecedented events I understood that refunds would take longer and was prepared to be patient but I won’t be using them again.

Whynd1
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Whynd1 »

The issue of refunds was covered in quite a few posts on this forum. I had a very lengthy wait before P and O processed by April cruise refund. It was well into July before it came back to the card paid on. Didnt have to wait too long for an October cruise refund.

I have also decided after a lot of thought to move my 19 night August 2021 cruise on Arcadia to 2022. Similar 19 nights on Arcadia to Greece. Didnt feel happy about cruising in 2021.
Lindsey

GillD46
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by GillD46 »

We were very fortunate in that Cunard refunded the two they cancelled - rather than those we cancelled - one within 10 days, one within 13 days. Plus the 25% cancellation fee Qatar airline charged for separately arranged flights - a tidy sum of £1260 - within 14 days.

We have no complaints whatsoever.
Gill

Return to “Cruise Specific Discussion”