p&o 0verbooking

Topics that are specific to cruising

Topic author
poole boy
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

p&o 0verbooking

Post by poole boy »

noticed in the papers yesterday that p&0 have over booked there cruises on Britannia and are currently contacting customers offering money back or 125% to switch to another cruise at a later date I do not think this reflects well on p&o and is probably the reason when we booked our cruise it said tickets would be ready 5 weeks before sailing it has now changed to 3 weeks before sailing.
good luck to p&o trying to change our cruise date as its my wife's birthday on the cruise date we have booked :wave:

david63
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: p&o 0verbooking

Post by david63 »

I suspect that P&O, and possibly other cruise lines, pre-empted the easing of lockdown and have now come unstuck.

towny44
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by towny44 »

david63 wrote: 20 Jun 2021, 09:47
I suspect that P&O, and possibly other cruise lines, pre-empted the easing of lockdown and have now come unstuck.
Lots of discussion about this on CC and P&O were only following govt advice about capacity limitations, and the 4 week delay in lockdown ending means that although they are still running under full capacity, they are now slightly above the end of May maximum of 1000 passengers max.
John

Trainee Pensioner since 2000

Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

Not sure how a cruise line manages to over book, unless it’s the saver bookings that have been over booked where your cabin is allocated on arrival. I don’t know.

Just read you post John which makes more sense. Still not a good outcome though for those passengers affected and for cruise lines reputations .
Last edited by Stephen on 20 Jun 2021, 11:20, edited 2 times in total.

Kendhni
Ex Team Member

Post by Kendhni »

poole boy wrote: 20 Jun 2021, 09:26
noticed in the papers yesterday that p&0 have over booked there cruises on Britannia and are currently contacting customers offering money back or 125% to switch to another cruise at a later date I do not think this reflects well on p&o and is probably the reason when we booked our cruise it said tickets would be ready 5 weeks before sailing it has now changed to 3 weeks before sailing.
good luck to p&o trying to change our cruise date as its my wife's birthday on the cruise date we have booked :wave:
I have heard similar stories from other lines as well - it seems it is down to a maximum capacity being forced on the cruise lines.

Bensham33
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Post by Bensham33 »

Warners are having to do the same. It's all down to the lockdown being extended.
Up the Palace

Whynd1
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Whynd1 »

Yes we knew Warners had overbooked. They are in the process of contacting guests and cancelling.

Lindsey

Return to “Cruise Specific Discussion”