Changing bookings

Topics that are specific to cruising

Topic author
Kendhni
Ex Team Member

Changing bookings

Post by Kendhni »

I was just updating my EasyJet transfer bookings from Sep this year to Sep next year and realised that is the 3rd time I have moved those flights - other bookings for March have now been moved 3 times. Again there was no charge from Easyjet.

My bookings are doing more travelling than I am.

Quizzical Bob
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Re: Changing bookings

Post by Quizzical Bob »

We had some credits from a cruise in February last year that Princess cut short. They have been used on three cruises which have each been cancelled so far. I wouldn’t be surprised if the latest one this November goes the same way.

The complication is that each time there is some extra money chucked in or a Future Cruise Credit with associated onboard credits. With each cancellation we get a credit for the money paid but getting the associated benefits back takes a few phone calls and emails.

GillD46
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by GillD46 »

We had a Far East cruise on QE cancelled in March last year, transferred that to one on QM2 later in the year which was cancelled.
We have since had six other bookings cancelled amassing a large sum which is now on QM2 Caribbean roundtrip in January. Will it happen? Who knows.
Gill

Topic author
Kendhni
Ex Team Member

Post by Kendhni »

Good luck for November QB. I am really hoping 2022 is the year we all get back to cruising.
I guess it depends on the winter fall out As best as I can remember our cancelled holiday list is

Tunisia (land based)
Kalithea, Rhodes (land based)
Lindos, Rhodes (land based - replaced Tunisia)
Med cruise (2020)
UAE cruise
Caribbean cruise (replaced UAE cruise)
Cape Verde (land based)
Med cruise (2021)

Can't even claim to have made huge sums of additional future cruise credit because for most we had just paid a deposit)

Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

I suspect Margate may have vacancies if your quick Ken ;)
Last edited by Manoverboard on 25 Jul 2021, 09:42, edited 2 times in total.

Topic author
Kendhni
Ex Team Member

Post by Kendhni »

Stephen wrote: 24 Jul 2021, 21:06
I suspect Margate may have vacancies if your quick Ken ;)
I would be kicked out for being at least 40 years too young :)

Quizzical Bob
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Quizzical Bob »

Kendhni wrote: 24 Jul 2021, 17:28
Good luck for November QB.
Can't even claim to have made huge sums of additional future cruise credit because for most we had just paid a deposit)
Thanks Ken.

I knew it was a gamble when I booked it and I am keeping an eye on the situation. The intention is to spend a week in Florida when we disembark and hire a car. All the hotel and restaurant bookings are in theory refundable if cancelled and the return flights with Virgin Atlantic can be moved at no cost. Allegedly.

Most of our cancelled cruises have been paid for with credits so there is no bonus extra if they are carried forward to another cruise. All that happens is that the price tends to be more expensive.

Mervyn and Trish
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Mervyn and Trish »

We've had a Cunard cruise cancelled and moved twice. At the last move we swapped it from a QM2 transatlantic to a QV round Britain. At the time we had worries that some health issues might make insurance tricky for the overseas trip. That's all now resolved but we're very much looking forward to the new cruise in May next year.

Other than that we've had to cancel a couple of stays at our timeshare in Madeira but the weeks have been banked for the future and mostly already used for new bookings for 2022. The flights we moved forward for an admin fee.

The rest of what we've had to cancel has been UK, all rearranged at no cost.

But the net result is I doubt we'll be at home much next year if all goes well!

Return to “Cruise Specific Discussion”