FA or JA Cabins

Discussions about anything related to Oriana

Topic author
johnds
Second Officer
Second Officer

FA or JA Cabins

Post by johnds »

Trying to decide whether the FA cabins is worth £760 more than a JA for a 14 day cruise.
Any comments on either grade please
Last edited by david63 on 07 Apr 2013, 08:45, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: To clarify title
John

Barb44
Third Officer
Third Officer

Re: FA or JA

Post by Barb44 »

We have had both grades. The FA grade is exactly like the balcony cabins but without the balcony. It has a sofa near the window and the bed(s) are positioned across the width of the cabin. The JA grade isn’t as long and has the bed(s) positioned with the head of the bed under the window. It has a small corner sofa next to the bathroom. Other than that everything else (bathroom, wardrobes etc) are exactly the same. I would not consider it worth paying an extra £760 for the FA grade. We found the JA grade quite adequate for an 18 night cruise and would even consider a longer cruise in that grade. If you have the beds made up as singles you will have much more floor space in the middle of the cabin.
Hope this helps.

Barbara
Barbara x

Topic author
johnds
Second Officer
Second Officer

Re: FA or JA

Post by johnds »

Thank you Barbara. Most helpful. We do usually have a balcony but the premium on Oriana for 14 days to Iceland is just uneconomic.
John

Gill W
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Re: FA or JA Cabins

Post by Gill W »

Hi, we had a FA type cabin on our 18 day cruise to Egypt a few years ago.

We did appreciate the additional space that was available. The cruise was in November, so the rates were off season, so it meant that the larger cabin was within our budget.

But at peak times I think the FA might be a bit more than we would want to pay these days, so I'd happily go for a smaller cabin.
Gill

Return to “About Oriana”