Oriana Eats!

Discussions about anything related to Oriana

Topic author
Ess001
Cadet
Cadet

Oriana Eats!

Post by Ess001 »

Hi all, am off on Orana in 7 weeks, first time on this ship. I know that there is a MPW restaurant, but what are the other select dining venues and how do you all rate them? :thumbup:

Thanks

Ess

Suekersh
First Officer
First Officer

Re: Oriana Eats!

Post by Suekersh »

We are on Oriana in 9 days and intend trying them all out so will let you know.

The Ocean Grill on Arcadia and Adonia was very good so it will hopefully be the same on Oriana.

Sue

Manoverboard
Ex Team Member

Post by Manoverboard »

December 2012 I reported ... now edited.

For the first ' Jacket Required ' evening we booked into MPW 's Ocean Grill and shared a perfectly cooked Chateaubriand, a surcharge is applied for this choice. We also had the Goat's cheese and Beetroot Carpaccio as a starter and the entire meal experience was most enjoyable and good value for money as far as we were concerned.

On the third ' Jacket Required ' evening we went to the Sorrento for our third fillet steak of the cruise but the temperature in this location was to be very cold and the ladies were not best pleased having dressed for warmer climes ... so take a wrap. Part way through the meal the boss man popped over and blamed the aircon and I joked that my Lava Rock had frozen over, he smiled politely but a few minutes later I had acquired a replacement Lava Rock and all my food had been appropriately realigned by an army of little helpers on to the replacement ... .

Hope that helps.
Keep smiling, it's good for your well being

bstonehouse
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by bstonehouse »

Manoverboard wrote:

For the first ' Jacket Required ' evening we booked into MPW 's Ocean Grill and shared a perfectly cooked Chateaubriand, a surcharge is applied for this choice. We also had the Goat's cheese and Beetroot Carpaccio as a starter and the entire meal experience was most enjoyable and good value for money as far as we were concerned.

On the third ' Jacket Required ' evening we went to the Sorrento for our third fillet steak of the cruise but the temperature in this location was to be very cold and the ladies were not best pleased having dressed for warmer climes ... so take a wrap. Part way through the meal the boss man popped over and blamed the aircon and I joked that my Lava Rock had frozen over, he smiled politely but a few minutes later I had acquired a replacement Lava Rock and all my food had been appropriately realigned by an army of little helpers on to the replacement ... .

Hope that helps.
Hi, this is my first post on here, usually on CrowNest and CC. I can comment on the Sorrento Situation on Oriana as we were on her 2 weeks ago and I can confirm that is desperately cold in Sorrento, we moved tables twice but were still cold. We complained after the meal, not about the food which was excellent but the temperature and got a partial refund. The problem is that they use one side of the buffet seating to set up each evening and the door is shut at both ends on this side but the doors on the other side still opens, causing a draught that comes in through the servery. No way should this be a chargeable restaurant if they cannot sort the temperature out.
Brian

Not so ancient mariner
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Not so ancient mariner »

Manoverboard wrote:

Hope that helps.
Well, you did say it was a 'Jacket Required' evening! :)
Perhaps this is a novel way of enforcing the dress code :lol: :lol:

I had a superb meal in the Sorrento on my last night on X315 and don't recall there being anything amiss with the restaurant temperature.

barney
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by barney »

We also tried Sorrento and while the food was very good, it was a bit nippy.

Didn't get round to MPW but heard it was good.
Empty vessels .. and all that

Return to “About Oriana”