Irons on Oriana

Discussions about anything related to Oriana

Topic author
MBTScotland
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Irons on Oriana

Post by MBTScotland »

Can I take a travel iron on Oriana. I know there is a launderette but just for a quick press.

Quizzical Bob
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Re: Irons on Oriana

Post by Quizzical Bob »

As with all electrical appliances, there is the question of PAT testing and socket capacity. It's always wise to check with P&O direct.

david63
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by david63 »

P&O's answer to this is a bit vague. In answer to the question "Can I take a travel iron on board" it says that you should not need to and clearly states that you cannot take an iron - no mention of the word travel.

My interpretation would be that you should not take a travel iron with you.

CaroleF
First Officer
First Officer

Post by CaroleF »

On one of the muster drills about a year ago, the Captain said no travel irons to be used. The irons on board have a safety cut out button so they cannot be left on. I don't know if the ruling has changed or not. The irons that are in the Mini Suite and Suites have the safety cut out buttons too.

Carole

Mervyn and Trish
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Mervyn and Trish »

As I understand it the answer is no, because of the risk of being accidentally left switched on. Second to collision, the biggest risk to life at sea is fire, so I can understand why they are cautious. I reckon a little stroll down the corridor to the launderette is more acceptable than cooking alive!

Return to “About Oriana”