Discussions about anything related to Oriana

Topic author
Janet-
Cadet
Cadet

Plug Sockets

Post by Janet- »

Hi
Does anyone know what kind of sockets and how many are in outside cabins. Any additional American or European?

oldbluefox
Ex Team Member

Re: Plug Sockets

Post by oldbluefox »

I think this, from P&O website, may give you the answers you are looking for:

'Standard UK three pin plug sockets are used on all ships across the fleet. Shaver points are also located in the bathrooms.

Oceana also has US 2 pin sockets in addition to UK 3 pin sockets

The standard electrical supply in the United Kingdom is 50HZ (cycles) and 240V.
The supply on board is:

Adonia -220V / 60HZ
Arcadia - 220V / 110V / 60HZ
Aurora - 220V / 60HZ
Azura - 230V / 115V / 60HZ
Oceana - 220V / 110V / 60HZ
Oriana - 220V / 60HZ
Ventura - 230V / 115V / 60HZ

The above voltage is sufficient to charge electrical equipment such as laptops and cameras'.

The only thing I would add is to take along a multi-socket extension. There aren't many sockets and some of these are close to the top of the dressing table etc so it becomes impossible to get some chargers into the socket.

oldpoer
Cadet
Cadet

Post by oldpoer »

As I replied to the other post on this subject there are 2 UK 3 pin sockets and 1 US type flat pin sockets at the dressing table and 1 UK 3pin socket that the kettle is plugged into.

Ranchi
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Post by Ranchi »

On some ships the socket is sited close to the desktop meaning that some plugs such as camera or phone chargers can't fit in the socket. I always take a short 4 gang socket just in case. ( on one ship the sockets are inverted so that plugs which 'hang down' can fit in without any problem...Azura I think)
Steve

Quizzical Bob
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Quizzical Bob »

Ranchi wrote:
On some ships the socket is sited close to the desktop meaning that some plugs such as camera or phone chargers can't fit in the socket. I always take a short 4 gang socket just in case. ( on one ship the sockets are inverted so that plugs which 'hang down' can fit in without any problem...Azura I think)
Steve
An extension lead is safest. Inverted plugs have the danger that the live pins are uppermost and anything metal, such as a coin, dropped into the gap can cause something nasty. This is unlikely to happen by accident.

Barb44
Third Officer
Third Officer

Post by Barb44 »

Just in case people have not found it, there is a three-pin UK socket hidden high up on the wall underneath the dressing-table/desk on Oriana.

Barbara x
Barbara x

Return to “About Oriana”