Discussions about anything related to Oriana

Topic author
anniec
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Aft Cabins Oriana

Post by anniec »

Morning all,

We've just been allocated our guarantee and the good news is we're not down in the engine room with a porthole. We've been allocated one of the outside aft cabins overlooking the aft deck area on Deck C. Quite happy with this, but never had an outside before (all suites/balconies booked by the time we woke up and decided to go ahead); has anyone else tried an outside for the first time and, if so, did they miss being able to pop outside from the cabin, plus wondering what these cabins are like, eg any noise/vibration, lack of privacy etc?

barney
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Re: Aft Cabins Oriana

Post by barney »

We had an outside on the Oriana last cruise Annie and it was our first time with no balcony

To be honest, it was fine. We weren't on the aft but near the shop in the centre.

I didn't really miss the balcony that much to be honest. It certainly made us 'mingle' more than we usually do.

Next one is back to a balcony because we do enjoy our own space we would definately go outside cabin again if the deal was good.
I don't think I'll ever be brave enough to try an inside cabin.
Empty vessels .. and all that

Topic author
anniec
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Post by anniec »

Many thanks, Barney, most helpful.

Has anyone else had one of these cabins and able to add any further insight?

Cheers!

Annie

rita17
Third Officer
Third Officer

Post by rita17 »

We were in C321 towards the back and almost opposite the laundrette. We found this to be fine but we have never had a balcony so can't make any comparison. The cabin had a bath with a shower over. The only thing I didn't like was the wardrobe configuration which I found awkward as the clothes were hanging from front to back instead of along the rail. There was plenty of drawer space. I was a bit concerned about being near to the laundrette but it was fine, in fact an advantage. The cabin was also in a good position for going out on deck.

Barb44
Third Officer
Third Officer

Post by Barb44 »

We have had an outside cabin towards the aft (but on the side) a couple of times - the last time was in C320 - and we found it very handy for sitting out on the aft deck and being able to go back to the cabin to make a drink and take it out on deck. We have had balcony cabins in the past on other ships but we find the outside cabins on Oriana quite adequate. The only downside of the 'Aft' cabins is that you will need to draw your curtains when you have the light on so that people on the aft deck cannot see in.

Barbara x
Barbara x

Topic author
anniec
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Post by anniec »

Many thanks, Barbara, most helpful. So, no problems with the vibration/noise that I've been reading about?

Manoverboard
Ex Team Member

Post by Manoverboard »

The vibration relates, in the main, to a number of tables centrally located in the aft positioned MDR .... these are deffo to be avoided :thumbdown:
Keep smiling, it's good for your well being

Barb44
Third Officer
Third Officer

Post by Barb44 »

MOB is correct in what he says about the vibration affecting the tables at the rear of the main dining room. The vibration seems to happen when the ship is leaving port, which often used to be during first sitting dinner. We have never experienced vibration in the aft cabins.

Barbara x
Barbara x

Return to “About Oriana”