Storage space in cabin

Discussions about anything related to Oriana

Topic author
brixhamrfc
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Storage space in cabin

Post by brixhamrfc »

We have booked a cabin with balcony on the Oriana....can any of you lovely people tell me what the storage space is like please, in the wardrobe, for clothes, and also suitcase storage space ? It will help us plan how much to take....tried the virtual cabin tour online, but it wasn't a lot of help.....thank you in advance

oldbluefox
Ex Team Member

Re: Storage space in cabin

Post by oldbluefox »

I would say there is ample storage space in wardrobes, drawers and shelves, not a lot but we have never found it a problem. It all depends on how many clothes you are thinking of taking. If you run out of coat hangers mention it to the steward and he/she will bring you more.
However you can store suitcases under the bed and we always leave one opened out which then goes to provide storage for items which you take with you and may never need or only need occasionally eg raincoats, umbrellas. If you have more suitcases than you can store the steward will take them away for storage and return them to you at the end of the cruise.
One item well worth taking is a short 4 way gang extension for charging up mobiles, laptops, toothbrushes etc. I have one which lives permanently in my suitcase ready for the next cruise.

Whynd1
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Whynd1 »

Some of the beds in the cabins are higher than others. Arcadia is good storage underneath, but I found I only just managed to get my cases under the bed on Aurora recently.

AileenB
Cadet
Cadet

Post by AileenB »

We were on Oriana last year for 35 nights and, if memory serves me well, we took 4 large cases, 2 medium cases and a suit carrier with us. We also had small overnight bags for pre and post cruise. We managed perfectly well.

Topic author
brixhamrfc
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by brixhamrfc »

Very helpful replies, thank you so much for them.

oldbluefox
Ex Team Member

Post by oldbluefox »

Next question brixham? :lol:
Do just ask cos when you've never cruised before everything is new and you just don't know what to expect. I'm sure you'll have a great time but if you change your mind my address is..........................

Quizzical Bob
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Quizzical Bob »

If you're out and back to Southampton then we find that having a couple of suitcases each means that you can fill one up with the used clothes and it's ready to go when you disembark. They should go under your bed easily. Plus you'll also have plenty of room for all the looot that you'll be bringing back home :)

JillD66
Second Officer
Second Officer

Post by JillD66 »

We went on Oriana in October. Our balcony cabin was close to the back of the ship - grade ED. As mentioned before, there was plenty of storage space. However, our main suitcases were too high to put under the bed so we managed to place both on end between the sofa and the outside wall which made a small shelf!

Mervyn and Trish
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Mervyn and Trish »

We tend to take more medium sized suitcases rather than fewer large ones. Never had a problem getting three plus my suitcarrier under the bed on any ship

Mervyn and Trish
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Mervyn and Trish »

Even four on occasions

qbman1
Captain
Captain

Post by qbman1 »

Whynd1 wrote: 15 Nov 2017, 13:28
Some of the beds in the cabins are higher than others. Arcadia is good storage underneath, but I found I only just managed to get my cases under the bed on Aurora recently.
The slightly wider cases will go under the beds on Aurora, Lindsey, but the frame is quite low and you need to be strong enough to lift it up slightly to slide the case under

Manoverboard
Ex Team Member

Post by Manoverboard »

Opening them out is all well and good but you may collect a whole batch of previous passengers' shin debris n the process :angel:
Keep smiling, it's good for your well being

david63
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by david63 »

One issue that I have noticed recently is that the cabin stewards store all kinds of things under the bed that can get in the way of putting your cases under the bed.

One big item is a large box that they use to put the contents of the mini bar (amongst other things) in if you ask to have it emptied.

qbman1
Captain
Captain

Post by qbman1 »

It also contains a spare set of mugs and glasses and they now put the bedding for the next incumbents in there on the last night

JoanneB
Third Officer
Third Officer

Post by JoanneB »

Quizzical Bob
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Quizzical Bob »

Whynd1 wrote: 15 Nov 2017, 13:28
We have found that the soft-top cases are better. On some ships you need to push the lid into the main body of the case before they'll fit under the bed.

Return to “About Oriana”