Oceania Cruises

Anything about any other cruise line and/or ship

Topic author
karenandbob
Third Officer
Third Officer

Oceania Cruises

Post by karenandbob »

When we were on Ventura over Christmas and New Year the Riviera from the above was next to us in Granada, it did look very impresive I must say. I have sent for the brochures, but ubfortunately they do look a bit pricey - about 5 or 6 star I would say, but their itineraries look very impresive as well. They were hanging over their balconies and top deck railings at our great British Sailaway!! I dont think they had seen anything like it really.

Has anyone been on any of their ships?

Manoverboard
Ex Team Member

Re: Oceania Cruises

Post by Manoverboard »

We have friends who live in Vancouver, they are mad keen on this Cruise Line but seem to manage to get BOGOF deals and even free flights into Europe with their TA in Canada ... not sure what the UK TA's will offer but from what they say .... go for it when the price is right for you.
Keep smiling, it's good for your well being

Topic author
karenandbob
Third Officer
Third Officer

Post by karenandbob »

Thanks Manoverboard for your reply. I think we might have to win the lottery!! Might just hsve a word with ur TA when I am next in town.

Dancing Queen
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Dancing Queen »

Funnily enough I've just received an e-mail from webookanycruise.co.uk ( haven't a clue who they are or how they've got my address ) but there were several Oceania cruises on it, all were discounted ( not by huge amounts ) could be worth taking a look just to give you an idea.
Jo

OCEANIAFAN
Cadet
Cadet

Post by OCEANIAFAN »

Karenandbob,
We have sailed on Oceania Riviera and have two more booked for this year on the same ship.
Yes they are very good a little more pricey than say P&O but again you get what you pay for. Yes in the UK they do Free air and also some of the cruises get very good OBC like 500 dollars. This does help with the gratuities and some of the wine for dinner, that is if you like wine. The only thing that is not included is anyhting alcoholic. All the non alcoholic drinks are included in the price of the cruise. You also get your refridgerator in your cabin filled daily with water, soft drinks etc.
They also have four speciality restaurants onboard and you are allowed to book these before you cruise free o charge, these again are included in the fare.
Yes as you say they don't have the sail away parties, but that is not to everyones taste, including mine. But they are very more upmarket than P&O in my opinion but then again other might not agree.
They only have 12 outside cabins and very few inside all the rest are balcony cabins and they are really great. The bathrooms need to be seen to be belived, they have a full size bath with a shower over and a further full size shower cabinet, with galss doors not the usual curtain.
Not sure how to add a photo but if someone can tell me I could put a few photos on to show you inside the ship.
I would certainly recommend them.

Manoverboard
Ex Team Member

Post by Manoverboard »

OCEANIAFAN wrote:
... if someone can tell me I could put a few photos on to show you inside the ship ...
Select the ' Cog ' then Gallery / Manage Personal Gallery .... shout if you have any problems but best to keep the pics to thumbnail size if possible.

OCEANIAFAN
Cadet
Cadet

Post by OCEANIAFAN »

Thanks for that but do not know how I can reduce image as most of the photos are on my computer.

Manoverboard
Ex Team Member

Post by Manoverboard »

OCEANIAFAN wrote:
Thanks for that but do not know how I can reduce image as most of the photos are on my computer.
May I ask ... do you use Outlook / Outlook Express ?

howard18
Third Officer
Third Officer

Post by howard18 »

Are Oceana cruise ships the line with a couple of their ships having "french balconies". I.e. you can open your balcony window to get some fresh air but the balcony is only a couple of feet deep?

Howard

OCEANIAFAN
Cadet
Cadet

Post by OCEANIAFAN »

No Howard it is not Oceania I think you are thinking about Seabourn. The smaller ships, Legend, Spirit and Pride have the "!French Balconies" not the Oceania ones.

Return to “Any Other Cruise Line/Ship”