Seadream - Millionaires Holiday Club

Anything about any other cruise line and/or ship

Topic author
allatc
First Officer
First Officer

Seadream - Millionaires Holiday Club

Post by allatc »

Anybody else see "The Millionaires Holiday Club" on BBC2 last night ?

Among other stuff it featured Seadream II which has 100 passengers and 100 crew.

I'm not sure if they told us how much it costs to go on but I would guess somewhere between £1k and £2K per person per night.
Can't find a figure quoted on any website.

However, their own website offers discounts of up to 75% (wonder if anyone ever gets that)

Anybody on here been on Seadream I or II ?

GillD46
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Re: Seadream - Millionaires Holiday Club

Post by GillD46 »

I looked at their website last night and it was surprising affordable as there is an offer on at present. I must admit we are thinking of trying them in 2018 - 2017 is fully booked already. I liked the look of them - though not the couple featured!
Gill

Topic author
allatc
First Officer
First Officer

Post by allatc »

On some of the heavily discounted cruises (I don't suppose they call them cruises ! ) the price seems to come down to as little as £300 pp/pd.

qbman1
Captain
Captain

Post by qbman1 »

I caught a bit of as as Mrs C was watching. I thought most of the passengers would drive me bonkers. DK talks about P&O being populated by "ten bob millionaires" - well, it has nothing on what I saw of Seadream !!

Mervyn and Trish
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Mervyn and Trish »

allatc wrote:
On some of the heavily discounted cruises (I don't suppose they call them cruises ! ) the price seems to come down to as little as £300 pp/pd.
As little as? Splutter. I make that £600 per day for 2, or £8400 for two weeks. I'd expect to own the boat for that!

Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

I saw it too. Another world

If you've got the money then why not.

Topic author
allatc
First Officer
First Officer

Post by allatc »

Mervyn and Trish wrote:
allatc wrote:
As little as? Splutter. I make that £600 per day for 2, or £8400 for two weeks. I'd expect to own the boat for that!
A suite on Britannia comes in around £250 pp/pd so its not a huge increase on that. (Not that we have ever attained the dizzy heights of a suite)

GillD46
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by GillD46 »

And remember on Sea Dream, drinks are inclusive.
Gill

Mervyn and Trish
Commodore
Commodore

I can only ever (Sea)dream of a suite! Best I can do on Britannia is a Superior Deluxe and for the Maiden that cost us under £150 pp pd. You can buy an awful lot of drinks for the extra £150 each and eat in Epicurean every day too!

Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

Mervyn and Trish wrote:
I can only ever (Sea)dream of a suite! Best I can do on Britannia is a Superior Deluxe and for the Maiden that cost us under £150 pp pd. You can buy an awful lot of drinks for the extra £150 each and eat in Epicurean every day too!
I know what you mean Merv. I coughed and spluttered at having to fork out £36.36 a day extra for both of us for our recent upgrade :sarcasm: ;) :D

Mervyn and Trish
Commodore
Commodore

Stephen wrote:
Mervyn and Trish wrote:
I know what you mean Merv. I coughed and spluttered at having to fork out £36.36 a day extra for both of us for our recent upgrade :sarcasm: ;) :D
Terrible. :sarcasm: But no sign of any bargains coming our way. :thumbdown:

qbman1
Captain
Captain

Post by qbman1 »

Have you ticked the "no upgrade" box by any chance ?!

Mervyn and Trish
Commodore
Commodore

I ticked the no automatic upgrade, because I don't want to be dumped on with a cabin no-one else wants, but my understanding is Stephen's is a paid upgrade he could choose to turn down.

qbman1
Captain
Captain

Post by qbman1 »

Mervyn and Trish wrote:
I ticked the no automatic upgrade, because I don't want to be dumped on with a cabin no-one else wants, but my understanding is Stephen's is a paid upgrade he could choose to turn down.
We almost learned the hard way about that. On Arcadia a few years back I discovered by chance that they switched us without notice to one of the cabins right by the glass lifts which was technically one cabin grade up from the one we had chosen - but who really wants to be there? It took a lot of haggling to get us back to where we wanted to be but I eventually managed it. Lesson learned and it's been no automatic upgrades ever since.

Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

Mervyn and Trish wrote:
Stephen wrote:
Mervyn and Trish wrote:
I have just PM'd you Merv

Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

qbman1 wrote:
Mervyn and Trish wrote:
We almost learned the hard way about that. On Arcadia a few years back I discovered by chance that they switched us without notice to one of the cabins right by the glass lifts which was technically one cabin grade up from the one we had chosen - but who really wants to be there? It took a lot of haggling to get us back to where we wanted to be but I eventually managed it. Lesson learned and it's been no automatic upgrades ever since.
I agree, it's a chance you take that's why I opted to pay a bit extra and choose a upgrade cabin available from what was left, which at the time was five. The one we chose is quite nicely situated, a few cabins below mid-ships, starboard side on B deck. We were originally nicely placed with our first cabin, so as you say didn't want to be put somewhere in the back of beyond or near stairs/lifts. :thumbdown:
Last edited by Stephen on 14 Jun 2016, 12:02, edited 1 time in total.

Mervyn and Trish
Commodore
Commodore

Stephen wrote:
Mervyn and Trish wrote:
Stephen wrote:
Mervyn and Trish wrote:
Thanks. Just seen it and replied. Will give it a go.

qbman1
Captain
Captain

Post by qbman1 »

Stephen wrote:
Mervyn and Trish wrote:
Stephen wrote:
Mervyn and Trish wrote:
Oooh - intriguing ! I reckon he's sleeping with someone at Head Office !

Mervyn and Trish
Commodore
Commodore

qbman1 wrote:
Mervyn and Trish wrote:
That's exactly the example I'm thinking of, or one of them. Another fear would be a genuine upgrade to a bigger cabin but right at the front of the ship, which could potentially ruins Trish's trip.

qbman1
Captain
Captain

Post by qbman1 »

Anyway, getting back on track, I still didn't fancy the look of that lot featured on the programme

Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

Here's the travel companies web site if your in the market qb. Go on, take a break from the rabbits, you know you want too :D

I liked old Mervin from the program, a real down to earth chap :thumbup:

https://www.itcluxurytravel.co.uk/?utm_ ... Gwod0QoDIw

qbman1
Captain
Captain

Post by qbman1 »

Sure it wasn't our Merv ?

Topic author
allatc
First Officer
First Officer

Post by allatc »

qbman1 wrote:
Sure it wasn't our Merv ?
In disguise do you think ?

Dark Knight
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by Dark Knight »

wouldn't pay £250 per night for any cruise.
One thing the programme did show, is you can't buy either style or class ,the brassy blonde was living proof of that
Nihil Obstat

qbman1
Captain
Captain

Post by qbman1 »

Dark Knight wrote:
wouldn't pay £250 per night for any cruise.
One thing the programme did show, is you can't buy either style or class ,the brassy blonde was living proof of that
Not even if money were no object ?

I'm with you on the BB

Return to “Any Other Cruise Line/Ship”