Siversea Cruise Line

Anything about any other cruise line and/or ship

Topic author
karenandbob
Third Officer
Third Officer

Siversea Cruise Line

Post by karenandbob »

I see that there is a good write up in the Travelmail supplement with the Mail on Sunday today. I think it is must be a fairly new ship - Silver Spirit - sailing out of Venice. Has anyone experienced this cruise line please?

Boris+
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Re: Siversea Cruise Line

Post by Boris+ »

We were moored up right next to Silver Whisper last year - and our balcony gave us a good enough view down onto the top deck and pool etc - it didn't look all that 'special' - and didn't give us a very good impression. The balconies all looked a bit scruffy too, and there was washing hanging out to dry!

Em ;)

Mervyn and Trish
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Mervyn and Trish »

We've heard it's good and looked at it but one sniff of the prices was enough for us to run for cover. It has to be very good to justify the extra over the mid range lines we're more used to - P&O, Cunard, RCI, Celebrity etc.

Boris+
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Boris+ »

Because we were onboard a larger ship, we were able to look down on the Silver Whisper, and the impression we gained from comparing the state of decks, furniture, staff etc was that we were on the better ship; we were quite content not to be on the SW.

Em :)

12maxine
Cadet
Cadet

Post by 12maxine »

We have a cruise booked on the Silver Spirit for next year going to the Monaco Grand Prix (my special birthday present). Hopefully it will be special, I will post a comment after the cruise. It will be interesting to compare with P & O who we sail with at least once a year.

Dark Knight
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by Dark Knight »

My Sister has sailed with Silversea and PandO and told me that it was JUST about worth the money ,as it was ultra all inclusive on board, the staterooms were far superior to PandO , as was the ship overall and the food was way way better than PandO
her favourite cruise line is Oceana (sp) which she said was by far the best yet

each to their own, but to my it would have to be an absolutely amazing faultless holiday for those prices, maybe as a one off special
Nihil Obstat

Return to “Any Other Cruise Line/Ship”