Topic author
allatc
First Officer
First Officer

Olbia Sardinia

Post by allatc »

Has anyone explored Olbia ?

Is it worth a look ?

Interesting comment on P&O tours guide that Sardinia has mostly "hole in the floor continental style" loos.

We last visited about 20 years ago and that seemed to be the case then. Hasn't it changed ?

SWMBO definitely put off tour if that is the case. This is a lady who couldn't get within fifty yards of a short-drop loo in the U.S. Sierra Nevada without retching.

colin parry
Second Officer
Second Officer

Re: Olbia Sardinia

Post by colin parry »

I was in Olbia 18 months ago and thoroughly enjoyed it. I took a tour called Costa Smerelda sightseeing which travelled to. Porto Cervo a most beautiful resort developed by the Aga Khan in the 1960s It’s an exclusive resort for the mega wealthy . Nice places for drinks and watch the yachts. There is every conceivable designer shop there with prices to make your eyes water!
I can assure you there is nothing amiss with the loos.

Manoverboard
Ex Team Member

Post by Manoverboard »

Nicely positioned for a boat trip in the turquoise blue waters for a visit perhaps to La Maddelena. Costa Smerelda was regularly frequented by Princess Di which means that it has prices to match, nice enough but a tick in the box sort of place and far plusher than the rest of the Island.

Sardinia is however a very beautiful Island and worthy of a coaching tour, like wot we did, it has many interesting places to visit including Alghero in the North West.
Keep smiling, it's good for your well being

Kenmo1
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Kenmo1 »

Recently called into Olbia on Oriana. Very nice little town to wander round and a HOHO bus at 10 euros pp will take you out for a run through the countryside towards the beaches. I think you have to tell the driver if you want to get off at the beaches - we didn't dare as we had left it a bit late in the day to catch the bus. A very pleasant place and would happily call in there again.

Maureen

Return to “Europe”