Dubrovnik and Currency (Kuna)

Cruising destinations in Europe

Topic author
Romig1
First Officer
First Officer

Dubrovnik and Currency (Kuna)

Post by Romig1 »

We're going to Dubrovnik soon, and know that in order to walk the walls it is (or was, at least) necessary to either pay cash, or by credit card (usually a longer queue). Is this still the case, and if so, how much does it cost to walk the walls? Don't know if I'll need to get some Kuna before travelling, as we are sailing with Thomson this time.

david63
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Dubrovnik and Currency (Kuna)

Post by david63 »

This might help

If you have not done it before the cable car is an alternative

Manoverboard
Ex Team Member

Post by Manoverboard »

You still need Kuna for cash payment at the walls so best to get some at a UK Post Office just in case the ship doesn't have any / runs out.
Keep smiling, it's good for your well being

Quizzical Bob
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Quizzical Bob »

Manoverboard wrote:
You still need Kuna for cash payment at the walls so best to get some at a UK Post Office just in case the ship doesn't have any / runs out.
There's a cash machine at the point where the bus drops you off just outside the main gate at Dubrovnik.

Dancing Queen
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Dancing Queen »

We paid by cc and I don't remember there being long queues but I guess it depends on how many ships are in and what time you get there, you will certainly enjoy the experience, sorry I can't remember the price :thumbup: :thumbup:
Jo

oldbluefox
Ex Team Member

Post by oldbluefox »

Likewise we paid by credit card and there was no queue at all. I think it worked out about £10 each and was well worth it. It's a lovely walk and the views over the old town and the sea are magnificent. You'll enjoy it Romig.

Dancing Queen
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Dancing Queen »

I thought it was about £10 Foxy but didn't want to say as I wasn't sure, mind you those steps to get up to the wall are a killer so I think they should pay you :roll: :lol:
Jo

Dark Knight
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by Dark Knight »

Romig
Thomson do have an exchange on board, it is not the Ark, you know :roll:
for the 20 quid it is going to cost, the exchange rate is neither here nor there really, except in the case of Yorkyshire men, with short arms and long pockets :sarcasm: :sarcasm:
Nihil Obstat

oldbluefox
Ex Team Member

Post by oldbluefox »

Dancing Queen wrote:
I thought it was about £10 Foxy but didn't want to say as I wasn't sure, mind you those steps to get up to the wall are a killer so I think they should pay you :roll: :lol:
As a Yorkshireman I expect Romig will pay for himself and lower a rope down for Wina!! :lol:

There are plenty of steps and a steady uphill to the highest point but well worth it. And there are places to sit along the way and a nice little shop/cafe part way round.

david63
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by david63 »

oldbluefox wrote:
Dancing Queen wrote:
As a Yorkshireman I expect Romig will pay for himself and lower a rope down for Wina!! :lol:
Are you sure about that? - I would have thought it more likely that he would allow Wina to pay for herself to go up and lower a rope for himself :lol: :lol:

Topic author
Romig1
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Romig1 »

david63 wrote:
oldbluefox wrote:
Dancing Queen wrote:
Are you sure about that? - I would have thought it more likely that he would allow Wina to pay for herself to go up and lower a rope for himself :lol: :lol:
Ah yes, David....but you have the benefit over Foxy of having met me. I will expect her to pull me up the wall though... :lol:

June1969
Cadet
Cadet

Post by June1969 »

Hi Romig,

I shall be in Dubrovnik early June for a week if your trip is later I would be happy to share any information I glean whilst there.

I checked about the Kuna and was told I would need to order them as they aren't kept.

If your trip is later than mine I'll save you a few Kuna. As another Yorkie :lol:

Topic author
Romig1
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Romig1 »

June1969 wrote:
Hi Romig,

I shall be in Dubrovnik early June for a week if your trip is later I would be happy to share any information I glean whilst there.

I checked about the Kuna and was told I would need to order them as they aren't kept.

If your trip is later than mine I'll save you a few Kuna. As another Yorkie :lol:
Thanks for the offer June, but we travel next month. :thumbup:

oldbluefox
Ex Team Member

Post by oldbluefox »

Romig1 wrote:
david63 wrote:
oldbluefox wrote:
Dancing Queen wrote:
Ah yes, David....but you have the benefit over Foxy of having met me. I will expect her to pull me up the wall though... :lol:
And here was I thinking you were a gentleman!!!

kaymar
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Post by kaymar »

Romig1 wrote:
david63 wrote:
oldbluefox wrote:
Dancing Queen wrote:
And here was I thinking you were a gentleman!!![/quote]

I thought we had already established that he was from Yorkshire. :lol:

Dennis The Menace
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Dennis The Menace »

Romig

First time I did the wall I missed the window to pay at completely and did it for free. It was only when I got back to the ship I heard i was supposed to pay!

Sadly, my little Yorkshire cheapskate, there is a big gate there now, so that ain't gonna happen again.

I've always taken £20 in Kuna with me and bought anything else on a conversion-friendly credit card.

Return to “Europe”