Genoa - a busy day visit.

Cruising destinations in Europe

Topic author
Solent Richard
Second Officer
Second Officer

Genoa - a busy day visit.

Post by Solent Richard »

My wife and I recently spent a post cruise day in Genoa at the end of a superb cruise on Ventura.

This was the first time we had visited the city and in order to make the most of it we booked a one night extension in a local hotel. This gave us almost a full day plus a few hours the following forenoon though I am confident in saying that the places covered we covered are easily achievable on a standard day’s visit.

We made good use of the Genoa HoHo bus which actually has a stop outside the Cruise Terminal...

With a little forward planning we certainly got to see the main sights around this interesting and historical port including:-

The Doges Palace

The Lanterna (Symbol of Genoa)

and The Cathedral of San Lorenzo

A full version of our visit can be read on my blog...

http://solentrichardscruiseblog.com/201 ... -do-genoa/

CruiseLover30UK
Cadet
Cadet

Re: Genoa - a busy day visit.

Post by CruiseLover30UK »

Wow, this is great! Is this the stop where you finished your cruise on the 11th June? Because that would have been the day we boarded at Genoa!

Unfortunately we didn't get to see Genoa much as we were boarding and waiting for our cabin to be ready and were so knackered after our early start and flight that morning. Nice to see some of your pics though and we did hear it was the birthplace of Christopher Columbus, is that correct?

The Ventura is amazing isn't it? x

Return to “Europe”