A Ship's Excursion at Corfu

Cruising destinations in Europe

Topic author
Solent Richard
Second Officer
Second Officer

A Ship's Excursion at Corfu

Post by Solent Richard »

In may this year my wife and I visited Corfu while on board P&O's Ventura.

On this occasion we booked a ship's excursion that included visits to the Monastery of the Virgin Mary and the Achilleion Palace as well as Corfu Town.

The excursion also included a visit to a Greek vineyard where we had a cracking traditional Greek lunch and copious quantities of wine.

The excursion was basically a full day though we were given around an hour of free time to explore the back streets of Corfu Town.

The mewl in the crown of this particular excursion was the visit to the Achilleion Palace, an amazingly preserved and fascinating insight into life in the 19th Century.

The excursion was priced at £56.00 per person though we did of course have a 10% reduction as part of our P&O Caribbean level Loyalty perks.

Even without the reduction the excursion would have been excellent value for money.

A full review including over 30 photographs can be read at my blog 'One Way to do Corfu'.....

http://solentrichardscruiseblog.com/201 ... -do-corfu/

As always I would be more than happy to answer any questions.

Gill W
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Re: A Ship's Excursion at Corfu

Post by Gill W »

We did that excursion in the late 1980's, when we had a land holiday in Corfu

I remember the Achilleion very well, and found it very impressive

When we went to the Monastery, women weren't allowed in, unless they were wearing a skirt that covered their knees. So I had a skirt in my bag to put on, over my trousers! I've often wondered if things have moved on, and trouser-clad (not shorts obviously) women are now allowed in
Gill

Peter D
Second Officer
Second Officer

Re: A Ship's Excursion at Corfu

Post by Peter D »

Thank you for the post. Something to bare in mind if we visit. Loved the pictures.
Regards

Peter

Return to “Europe”