Cruising to New York with P&O

Cruising destinations in the Americas and the Caribbean

Tapstep2
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Re: Cruising to New York with P&O

Post by Tapstep2 »

Much more quickly than expected I have now had a response from P&O as follows:-

"Having investigated this matter with our Programme Operations Manager I did discover that P&O Cruises do not operate shuttle buses from the Brooklyn Terminal to Manhattan.
I would like to explain we have only ever offered this on one occasion in the past on a cruise in 2007 which was due to arrive at the Manhattan Terminal, but due to the last minute change this was amended to the Brooklyn Terminal, on that particular occasion as the Manhattan Terminal was advertised a shuttle bus was provided.
I can confirm as mentioned in our brochure shuttle buses will be offered free of charge for Select Fare passengers in ports where they are provided. Regrettably New York is not one of these ports.
Having said that, you have certainly raised a valid point around the PDF mentioned on our website and I can but assure you that this will be fed back to those responsible".

So it's pretty much the same reply as others have received.

Dancing Queen
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Dancing Queen »

I've just found this which might be of interest to anyone visiting New York.

https://www.ferry.nyc/routes-and-schedu ... -brooklyn/
Jo

Tapstep2
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by Tapstep2 »

Thank you DQ, that is very helpful. I have already downloaded the timetable and we will probably take this option.

silver surfer 2010
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by silver surfer 2010 »

AileenB wrote: 25 Apr 2017, 14:30
I would be very grateful to know if anyone has cruised to NY with P&O and berthed at Brooklyn terminal. Many thanks.
We were there last year and P & O used the Brooklyn Terminal. There is a water taxi from the terminal and the open topped bus was a good option for an excursion from the terminal.
David E

Return to “The Americas”