Topics relating to cruising with children

Topic author
Snoozen82
Cadet
Cadet

Bed Guards / Rails

Post by Snoozen82 »

Hi

Although we've cruised in the past as a couple, next xmas will be our first cruise with our then to be 3 yr old son.
We will be having the bunk bed configuration however am concerned that at that age may still have a tendancy to roll out of bed!

Does anyone know if P&O can provide bed guards/rails or will I have to bring my own. He'll be too big for a travel cot by then......

Thanks
Susan.

Ian Perth
Third Officer
Third Officer

Re: Bed Guards / Rails

Post by Ian Perth »

Snoozed, I've copi d details from Po advice centre below:

Children bed rails/guards are available on all ships apart from Adonia, Arcadia and Oriana.

We do not offer bed rails/guards for adults.

If you check out the advice centre you will get all you need to know for children. We sail currently with our three year old grandughter Sophie and she loves it, we've sailed for years and always took our two daughters who are well grown up now. The best ships for children are Britannia, Azura and Ventura. The kids clubs are all great on all these ships, Britannia being the more up to date. You can see all the details in the advice centre.

Hope this helps.

Onelife
Captain
Captain

Post by Onelife »

Hi snoozed....believe me when l say your son will be having so much fun that you'll not hear a peep out of him once you put him to bed....however we found wrist and leg restrains useful for added reassurance :thumbup: :)

You always get sound advice on this forum don't you think?

Regards

OL

Topic author
Snoozen82
Cadet
Cadet

Post by Snoozen82 »

Ha ha! Thanks for the advise on the wrist restraints - i'll keep that in mind!

We're going on the Aurora, 3 week transatlantic next xmas. We've done this cruise in the past on the Oriana before kids - Im not really sure what to expect this time round. Everyone tells me he will be so well entertained in the kids clubs - I really do hope so :)

In regards to the bed rails, do I have to erquest these beforehand or just ask the steward when we arrive?

Ian - do you use the night nursery for your grand daughter?

Susan.

Onelife
Captain
Captain

Post by Onelife »

Hi Susan

Splashers (2 – 4 years old)

Being a Splasher onboard a P&O Cruises ship is lots of fun - especially for little people like you. The Reef Rangers make sure you do all the things you love - you can play with other children and make new friends, sing, dance, play with the stickle bricks, enter coloring competitions and win prizes - the fun never ends!

You even have your own special room, packed with toys and fun play areas. Hide in the ball pool, play ‘peek-a-boo’, climb about in the squishy activity corner, read stories or snuggle up in front of a film.

Do you like dollies? P&O has loads! Prefer cars? There are loads of those too. The Reef Rangers even put on puppet shows - and you can join in!
Oh, and look out for Noddy! He pops in to play, eat with you and if you’re really good, he holds a special party for you. He might even give you a present - your very own Noddy activity pack.

When the sun goes down, your mum and dad can settle you into the Night Nursery (with or without wrist and leg restraints) where you can dream of the fun tomorrow will bring.

:wave:

Ian Perth
Third Officer
Third Officer

Post by Ian Perth »

Snoozen, sorry I got name wrong. Being that bit older we tend to bed early and rise early so had limited use of nursery but when we have used it was really good. my daughter has used and said it was great. The nursery is open at nine in the morning, closes between one a two for lunch and five a six for teatime. It then open to eight in the evening and nursery open to two in the morning.

This is for the splashes 2-4 age group. One life has summed it up perfectly, he obviously enjoyed it to.

Anything we need we request before going because if the cruise is got a lot of children then sometimes they can run out of cabin equipment and it's really on a first come first get basis. If we're you I would sort before going.

Enjoy your cruise.

martinehenry
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by martinehenry »

Hello all,
On my view, there is some agency which are providing beds for children. Recently I traveled through Med waves Ltd. With my family & my child is about 4 years old. They gave me a room where the arrangements was good & also we enjoyed our yachting trip comfortably.

Return to “Cruising with Children”