Autumn & winter viewing......

An area to discuss any books you have read, films that you have seen or television programmes

Topic author
JenniC
Ex Team Member

Autumn & winter viewing......

Post by JenniC »

Strictly has started, we are searching for someone with the X-Factor, I start worrying about Carrie again (Homeland series three) and my OH enjoys the only cooking program he ever watches (Masterchef Australia).

I have started this thread for anyone who watches any of them so we can exchange views - now that opens up a can of worms!!!!!!

So... Taking my life ( and credibility ) in my own hands ..

I love Tamara, don't like Shelly and hope Sam does well - she is so lovely ( X Factor)
Natalie or Sophie to win Strictly
Has Saul really sold out Carrie or will there be another twist and when will Brodie be back on the scene (Homeland)
Finally, Lynton (nice to watch ;) ) or Jules ( very funny :lol: ) to win Masterchef Australia

if you don't watch any of them, that's your prerogative, although you don't know what you are missing :roll: , but please don't hijack my thread......
Jenni

ChesterfieldJohn
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Re: Autumn & winter viewing......

Post by ChesterfieldJohn »

The only one I watch is Homeland and I dont think Saul has sold Carrie out :)

I think it is a bit slow this series as well, nothing much happening yet, hopefully it will improve.

John
Cruising is for everyone

Kendhni
Ex Team Member

Post by Kendhni »

Sorry jenni can't help with your selection but if it comes to The Walking Dead, The Big Bang or Storage Wars, then i can join in. :)

Gill W
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Gill W »

It's period drama heaven on Sundays, what with The Paradise coming back on BBC1 tonight at 8pm, then straight over to Downton Abbey at 9pm
Gill

RB1961
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Post by RB1961 »

Hey Ken...storage wars is great I don't know of anyone else who watches it. Yeeeeeeeep.

RB

Topic author
JenniC
Ex Team Member

Post by JenniC »

RB1961 wrote:
Hey Ken...storage wars is great I don't know of anyone else who watches it. Yeeeeeeeep.

RB
OK guys start your own storage wars thread... Read the rules ;) ;) :wtf:
Jenni

Meg 50
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Meg 50 »

Wot about Bake off????????????
Meg
x

RB1961
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Post by RB1961 »

Jenni...you should be watching strictly not posting on here...we have it on.. :oops:

I will say no more.

RB

Dark Knight
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by Dark Knight »

what about NCIS, Elementary, Bones, Sherlock, Boardwalk empire?

don't watch any of the "reality shows" apart from Strictly, which I have to watch coz, Lady D says so :tired:
Nihil Obstat

Dancing Queen
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Dancing Queen »

JenniC wrote:
Strictly has started, we are searching for someone with the X-Factor, I start worrying about Carrie again (Homeland series three) and my OH enjoys the only cooking program he ever watches (Masterchef Australia).

I have started this thread for anyone who watches any of them so we can exchange views - now that opens up a can of worms!!!!!!

So... Taking my life ( and credibility ) in my own hands ..

I love Tamara, don't like Shelly and hope Sam does well - she is so lovely ( X Factor)
Natalie or Sophie to win Strictly
Has Saul really sold out Carrie or will there be another twist and when will Brodie be back on the scene (Homeland)
Finally, Lynton (nice to watch ;) ) or Jules ( very funny :lol: ) to win Masterchef Australia

if you don't watch any of them, that's your prerogative, although you don't know what you are missing :roll: , but please don't hijack my thread......

With you all the way Jenni although I don't watch Masterchef, haven't made my mind up about X Factor yet but certainly Natalie of Sophie to win Strictly although I think there are one or two that might give them a run for their money :o

Nah Saul hasn't sold out Carrie :o
Jo

Topic author
JenniC
Ex Team Member

Post by JenniC »

Dark Knight wrote:
what about NCIS, Elementary, Bones, Sherlock, Boardwalk empire?

don't watch any of the "reality shows" apart from Strictly, which I have to watch coz, Lady D says so :tired:
love NCIS, Ziva and Abbie are fab.. But it is on all year.....
Jenni

Topic author
JenniC
Ex Team Member

Post by JenniC »

Just watching Strictly now on record.. So glad no one has given the game away on here - will then watch X Factor and then Homeland... I definately do not think Saul has given up on Carrie. Gutted as Jules has just gone out of Masterchef Australia :thumbdown:
Jenni

Jan Rosser
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Jan Rosser »

Hi Jenni - just catching up on Homeland - Claire Danes is fantastic and so believable - can't believe Saul has sold her out though. What about the other British actor playing Peter Quinn ooh can't make him out.

Don't watch X Factor or Masterchef Australia although my eldest son is a big fan of Masterchef. As for Strictly well I record it so that I can fast forward the Brucie bits - sorry to his fans ;).

I've started recording the Black List with the marvellous James Spader on a Friday night - not sure what it is all about yet - another one of those American programmes which leave you wondering.

I'm not watching Downton Abbey - too predictable :roll:
Janis

Dark Knight
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by Dark Knight »

blacklist is really good, lots of plot
a twisty turny series which I like
Nihil Obstat

Jan Rosser
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Jan Rosser »

Dark Knight wrote:
blacklist is really good, lots of plot
a twisty turny series which I like
It's getting scary DK that we are agreeing on more and more topics - I'm a fan of NCIS too and Sherlock and Boardwalk Empire :crazy:
Janis

Dark Knight
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by Dark Knight »

Jan
eventually I wear everyone down and they just agree to shut me up :o
Nihil Obstat

david63
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by david63 »

Meg 50 wrote:
Wot about Bake off????????????
Ruby to win :thumbup:

Suekersh
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Suekersh »

Hi Jenni,
The only one of those I watch is Strictly. I agree with your choices. Not sure Natalie will last the course with her health problems and she also does not appear to be well liked. Sophie is a natural as well.

So glad Julien went last night, now need to get rid of Deborah. So shocked that Rachel was in the dance off. Pasha gave her far too hard a routine for her 3rd dance. Poor girl did a fantastic job but it was far too fast.

Sue

GillD46
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by GillD46 »

We enjoy SCD . Personally I find it all but impossible to warm to Natalie and Rachael, both far too full of themselves for my liking, though Natalie can dance really well. Rachael less so.

I do however, really like watching Sophie, who always seems so surprised when given positive feedback. I thought from the beginning she showed great promise.

On the whole, a good year I'd say.
Gill

Kendhni
Ex Team Member

Post by Kendhni »

Also a new series of Wheeler Dealers started a couple of weeks ago and I see the second series of Revolution just started.

Dark Knight
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by Dark Knight »

ooh forgot to mention Sleepy Hollow, quite a good horror/sci fi crossover
Nihil Obstat

Belle53
Cadet
Cadet

Post by Belle53 »

Really getting into Stictly now, I also think Homeland has been a bit slow so far but I'll keep going with it because I loved the last two series. Sunday nights are great now with Strictly, the Paradise and then Downton, still loving Downton. I'll really miss bake off when it finishes I could watch a lot more of that.

Topic author
JenniC
Ex Team Member

Post by JenniC »

Belle53 wrote:
Really getting into Stictly now, I also think Homeland has been a bit slow so far but I'll keep going with it because I loved the last two series. Sunday nights are great now with Strictly, the Paradise and then Downton, still loving Downton. I'll really miss bake off when it finishes I could watch a lot more of that.
Enjoyed Homeland last night... Glad Shelly went out of XFactor... Just watching Masterchef Australia now.... Forgot about GBBO final tomorrow...
Jenni

ChesterfieldJohn
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Post by ChesterfieldJohn »

JenniC wrote:
Belle53 wrote:
Enjoyed Homeland last night... Glad Shelly went out of XFactor... Just watching Masterchef Australia now.... Forgot about GBBO final tomorrow...
I agree a bit more action in Homeland last night.
John
Cruising is for everyone

Susan Watt
Second Officer
Second Officer

Post by Susan Watt »

I'm with D.K with addition of The Mentalist.

Return to “Book, Film & TV Club”