See How They Run

An area to discuss any books you have read, films that you have seen or television programmes

Topic author
oldbluefox
Ex Team Member

See How They Run

Post by oldbluefox »

I know this is not about a Book, Film or TV programme but last night we went to the Theatre by the Lake in Keswick to see 'See How They Run'. It's a farce which is donkey's years old and although we have seen it a few times it never fails to amuse.
Theatre by the Lake is a lovely little theatre, modern, good sightlines and comfortable seats. The play itself was wonderfully and expertly acted, all played slightly over the top but full of wonderful facial expressions, gestures and good old-fashioned slapstick. It made for a very enjoyable and relaxing evening. If anybody is up in Cumbria I can recommend a visit to this great little theatre. A few weeks ago we saw 'An Inspector Calls' there and that was equally as good.

Whilst on the subject of farces I wonder what happened to all the Brian Rix farces. There were some wonderfully tangled webs played out and very enjoyable for those who enjoy light entertainment.

Kendhni
Ex Team Member

Re: See How They Run

Post by Kendhni »

Last thing we saw at the theatre was 'Priscilla, Queen of the desert' .. very funny show.

We were intending to go to the theatre for a murder mystery night but it appears some company bought all the seats .. now you would have thought that an (allegedly) cash strapped theatre company would put on a second night for their regular customers but that did not appear to have crossed their mind.

Jean W
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Post by Jean W »

We are going to see Priscilla on Wednesday - work permitting :thumbdown: We've been booked ages and now something has cropped up - typical :(

Jean W
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Post by Jean W »

Well we actually made it to see Priscilla :thumbup:

Absolutely fantastic. A brilliant cast and the costumes were superb.

None stop laughter :lol:

Return to “Book, Film & TV Club”