Jackass: Bad Grandpa

An area to discuss any books you have read, films that you have seen or television programmes

Topic author
Kendhni
Ex Team Member

Jackass: Bad Grandpa

Post by Kendhni »

I have never been a great fan of the Jackass team but friends were going to see this last night and invited us along. For those that don't know the Jackass team basically play pranks on an unsuspecting public including celebrities (think Borat type). This was a bit different though in that it followed a story: Billy's mother is a crack head that has been sentenced to prison so the 86 year old grandfather (Johnny Knoxville) who doesn't want him, because his wife has just died and he is now free to chase 'tail', is taking him across America to Billy's father who only wants him because the state will pay him $600 a month if he takes him.

I am glad I went because it really was a laugh out loud and very funny movie ... the whole cinema was laughing. Jackson Nicholl played 8 year old Billy fantastically and how the heck he kept a straight face I don't know. The trailer shows some of the funniest moments but cuts them short so you don't get to see the full reaction.

There is a lot of very irreverent humour and a lot of swearing.

Return to “Book, Film & TV Club”