Strictly

An area to discuss any books you have read, films that you have seen or television programmes

Topic author
Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Re: Strictly

Post by Stephen »

Onelife wrote:
oldbluefox wrote:
Frank Manning wrote:
Whynd1 wrote:
Will Young quits for personal reasons !!!
Shame I thought he was going to be a strong contender.

Lindsey
Me too. Although Len didn't seem to like him. That might be the kiss of death for any contestants chances. :thumbdown:
I'm afraid I have little sympathy for so-called celebrities who have a strop and a hissy fit when everything does not go their way. I always feel Len is more measured and constructive in his comments but if you cannot take criticism I would suggest shows such as this are not for you despite the money made for appearing and the subsequent tour.
Hi foxy.....l'm happy to go along with your take on the Len vs Will saga but only because Len said "only joking" after his "rude put down comment"..... had he not, then he would have been completely out of order saying what he did imo.

Oh...and having studied at the Bolshio Ballet Accadamy for 5 years l feel well qualified to say Will's Salsa routine did infact have 24 counts of eight in it:angel: :lol:

Regards

Keith :wave:
I thought they were pieces of eight

Onelife
Captain
Captain

Post by Onelife »

Stephen wrote:
Onelife wrote:
oldbluefox wrote:
Frank Manning wrote:

Me too. Although Len didn't seem to like him. That might be the kiss of death for any contestants chances. :thumbdown:
I'm afraid I have little sympathy for so-called celebrities who have a strop and a hissy fit when everything does not go their way. I always feel Len is more measured and constructive in his comments but if you cannot take criticism I would suggest shows such as this are not for you despite the money made for appearing and the subsequent tour.
Hi foxy.....l'm happy to go along with your take on the Len vs Will saga but only because Len said "only joking" after his "rude put down comment"..... had he not, then he would have been completely out of order saying what he did imo.

Oh...and having studied at the Bolshio Ballet Accadamy for 5 years l feel well qualified to say Will's Salsa routine did infact have 24 counts of eight in it:angel: :lol:

Regards

Keith :wave:
I thought they were pieces of eight

Ah, ah matey......you could be right, the show has started to look more like a pantomime...gawd knows what they will dream up for Halloween night.

:wave:

Frank Manning
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Frank Manning »

Re Will Young, OBF could well be right and it was a hissy fit between him and Karen. Oh well, not good for the image either way.

Onelife
Captain
Captain

Post by Onelife »

Frank Manning wrote:
Re Will Young, OBF could well be right and it was a hissy fit between him and Karen. Oh well, not good for the image either way.

Hi Frank....l had read that there was friction between Will Young and partner Karen, probably something to do with who got to wear the dresses? :oops: :o Slap my wrists.

As for OBF being right...well let's just say that were he a horse l would back him every time :thumbup: :D

Regards

Keith

Topic author
Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

Crawler .

oldbluefox
Ex Team Member

Post by oldbluefox »

Onelife wrote:

As for OBF being right...well let's just say that were he a horse l would back him every time :thumbup: :D

Regards

Keith
Neigh lad, neigh!!!

Frank Manning
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Frank Manning »

Horse? Horse? You have the temerity to call that thoroughbred stallion a mere horse!!

Topic author
Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

Nah nag nag nag nag

Onelife
Captain
Captain

Post by Onelife »

Frank Manning wrote:
Horse? Horse? You have the temerity to call that thoroughbred stallion a mere horse!!
Hi Frank.... I don't doubt OBF has a bit of stallion in him but as you probably know the one thing that man and horse have in common is that as they get older they are both known to flop!!

Regards

Stephen :wave:

Mervyn and Trish
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Mervyn and Trish »

Never mind the rumours. Just stand by to cheer as I appear tonight as the surprise replacement for Will. Just getting the tan sprayed on now.

oldbluefox
Ex Team Member

Post by oldbluefox »

Onelife wrote:
Frank Manning wrote:
Hi Frank.... I don't doubt OBF has a bit of stallion in him but as you probably know the one thing that man and horse have in common is that as they get older they are both known to flop!!

Regards

And you were doing so well Keefy!!! :cry:

Onelife
Captain
Captain

Post by Onelife »

It ain't that bad foxy...One tablet at night keeps me upright for days :oops: :thumbup:

:wave:

Whynd1
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Whynd1 »

Ore and Joanne were amazing. Should have had the extra mark from Craig.

What a competition.

GillD46
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by GillD46 »

Sensational.
Gill

Onelife
Captain
Captain

Post by Onelife »

Some great performances tonight especially those from Ore and Danny. It looked like Ed was rehearsing for his local Christmas pantomime but I dare say the whims of the voting public will keep him in for another week.

If there were a prize for effort then that would surly go to Lesley who's knee and hip joint replacments seem to be holding up well :) . Hope she goes through.

So for my money its Greg for the chop this week.

Topic author
Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

I think Naga is on dangerous ground as well.

Topic author
Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

Onelife wrote:
Frank Manning wrote:

Regards

See you in courts :shock:

Onelife
Captain
Captain

Post by Onelife »

Stephen wrote:
Onelife wrote:
Frank Manning wrote:

Regards

See you in courts :shock:

Yeah!....I ain't falling for that one.....l remember the last time you brought out the handcuffs......

Topic author
Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

Not in your lifetime matey

Frank Manning
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Frank Manning »

Well, now we know that it was Naga who faced the chop. Brendan danced on with a severe chest infection, Ed Balls continues to go up in my estimation (not as a dancer). Ore was brilliant, he might yet win at this rate. The standard is incredibly high except for Ed and to a lesser extent Judge Rinder. All very enjoyable TV.

oldbluefox
Ex Team Member

Post by oldbluefox »

Not surprised Naga went. She seemed to float about with not a great deal of commitment or confidence in what she was doing. Anastasia did a lot of floating about but at least she looked like she knew what she was doing.
Ore was incredible and Judge Rinder is entertaining whilst Ed is in there for the novelty value. As entertainment I think it is good value.
Good night for SWMBO as she gets a dose of Strictly followed by Poldark (and I get an hour of peace and quiet on the pooter without feeling guilty!!!).

Frank Manning
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Frank Manning »

oldbluefox wrote:
Not surprised Naga went. She seemed to float about with not a great deal of commitment or confidence in what she was doing. Anastasia did a lot of floating about but at least she looked like she knew what she was doing.
Ore was incredible and Judge Rinder is entertaining whilst Ed is in there for the novelty value. As entertainment I think it is good value.
Good night for SWMBO as she gets a dose of Strictly followed by Poldark (and I get an hour of peace and quiet on the pooter without feeling guilty!!!).
:thumbup: Oh boy! Can I identify with that last statement.

Topic author
Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

Stephen wrote:

As I predicted.

oldbluefox
Ex Team Member

Post by oldbluefox »

Stephen wrote:
Stephen wrote:

As I predicted.
Nostradamus reincarnate. Have you got the lottery numbers? :thumbup:

Onelife
Captain
Captain

Post by Onelife »

Stephen wrote:

Good call Stephen......now can you tell me if Pearl Acclaim in the 3.30 at Newcastle tomorrow is in or out? :)

Return to “Book, Film & TV Club”