Post by sandie3 »

Hi everyone...anyone else on this cruise? leaving June 4th 2013

Whynd1
First Officer
First Officer

Re: J305

Post by Whynd1 »

Hi Sandie

I am on this cruise and travelling with a friend who has not cruised before so she is very excited. Only 8 weeks to go. Looking at the shore excursions but minded to book on board so we can use our plentiful obc.

Lindsey

Topic author
sandie3
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by sandie3 »

Hello Lindsey...good to know we wont be on our own on this cruise lol....we have always pre booked our shore excursions in the past, but have decided not to on this occasion, like you we have a lot of obc. see you onboard
Sandie

Whynd1
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Whynd1 »

Shore excursion brochure with luggage labels arrived yesterday, on reading through I noticed that since my last cruise on Oceana last November, the daily amount for the automatic tipping has increased from £3.10 to £3.50.
Have decided to pre book one excursion to Seville and have done that through the cruise personaliser with no problem and gave me my peninsular discount. Only 6 weeks to go.
Lindsey

Topic author
sandie3
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by sandie3 »

Hi Lindsey...yes we had ours last Friday. Hadnt noticed the auto tipping charge had increased, thankyou for telling me. I see we wont be getting the tickets sent and have got to print them off, not a problem for us but there must be some who arent able to do this, altho the booklet says to "contact your TA" if unable to do so. We arent pre-booking any tours, the first time ever we wont have, but have decided to leave it.

Whynd1
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Whynd1 »

Hi Sandie

Received an e mail from P and O this morning to say that the e tickets are available for printing. I have booked with through my TA so they will do this for us. The cruise it getting closer and Im getting excited now.

Lindsey

June1969
Cadet
Cadet

Post by June1969 »

Hi Ladies we are on this one also. Had our email yesterday for tickets and luggage labels being ready to print.
Not done Biscay before so looking forward with some apprehension. ;)

June

Topic author
sandie3
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by sandie3 »

Hello, ticket email arrived here on Thurs too...June havent you had your tour excursion book? thats got your luggage tickets already printed in the back of it.

June1969
Cadet
Cadet

Post by June1969 »

sandie3 wrote:
Hello, ticket email arrived here on Thurs too...June havent you had your tour excursion book? thats got your luggage tickets already printed in the back of it.
Hi Sandie,

I took the option to go green so no tour book for us. :D I viewed the excursions and booked the ones we knew we wanted to do on line from the cp site.

I will print our tickets and luggage labels nearer departure. Only differences I have noticed doing this before is that your luggage labels come off uncoloured but I believe all one line ones are like that.
4 weeks tomorrow until we leave home it will be nice to have some sunshine.

June

Topic author
sandie3
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by sandie3 »

Hello again...June we printed our own tickets/luggage labels last year and youre right they are just a grey colour. This year we booked through Thomas Cook (never again lol)...and they've printed them off for us. Wonder if anyone has had an upgrade for our cruise?

June1969
Cadet
Cadet

Post by June1969 »

Hi Sandie,
We are staying in Winchester the day before we sail so my holiday starts 3 weeks today. How about you?
I see most of the cabins appear to be sold now, I remember when you could book the next cruise whilst on board and extend your holiday. I would think since Getaway fares have come in to being they no longer offer this kind of holiday nowadays.

Getting excited and I really must start to look at clothes to take.

Whynd1
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Whynd1 »

Two weeks today - not long now. We have also booked with my usual TA and they posted the tickets yesterday so will be watching for the postman tomorrow. Cases have come down from the loft as well. If only I could get rid of a terrible cold that I have I would be feeling more in holiday mode.

We are booked in on E deck in a cabin at the aft end of the ship so did not opt for upgrade. Generally because I usually pay single supplement I tend to book the cabin I like and do not wish to be upgraded, but it must be nice to have one given to you.

Lindsey

Topic author
sandie3
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by sandie3 »

Hi Lindsey, yes it wont be long now, hopefully we will get better warmer weather than weve got now. We never put ourselves down for a complimentary upgrade either as we prefer to choose our cabin too. With a complimentary upgrade, you don't have the option of refusing it if offered neither are you able to choose your cabin, so this is why we don't go for it. The upgrade we had last year was a "paid" one, offered at a low price. The only time we have ever been offered one in all the years we have been cruising. This year we are on "C" deck towards the back. We will be travelling down on the day as it will only take us around 2 hours. I hope your cold gets better soon.
Sandie

Whynd1
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Whynd1 »

Only two days to go and will start the packing later today with just the formal wear to go in last thing on Monday, am being picked up at 7.00am so an early start for me as will be coming up from Wales. With the sun shining this morning it s really putting me in the holiday mood. Hopewe all have a lovely cruise.

June1969
Cadet
Cadet

Post by June1969 »

Yes, I'm the same, House looks like a Chinese laundry. Packing today, travel down to Winchester tomorrow. Then a short transfer to the Ocean terminal.
Weather looks really good at the cricket and forecast for Tuesday is good so we should have a lovely sail away.

June

Topic author
sandie3
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by sandie3 »

same here, running out of space for clothes that are ready for packing. We aren't travelling down till tues morning, so last minute things in then. Sea conditions in the BOB on weds is good with a 1 mtr swell getting less as the day wears on, full sun with temperature high of 19C. lets hope it stays like that!! see you all onboard
Sandie

Return to “The Meeting Place - Arcadia”