R412

Aurora cruises in 2014

Topic author
Onelife
Captain
Captain

R412

Post by Onelife »

I know it’s a long way off yet but has anyone else booked on R412? I’m trying to get excited but I need a little bit of encouragement.

OL

Manoverboard
Ex Team Member

Re: R412

Post by Manoverboard »

We're not coming ... feeling better now ?

:lol:
Keep smiling, it's good for your well being

Topic author
Onelife
Captain
Captain

Post by Onelife »

Shame, as we would have loved to have enjoyed the company of your lovely wife again :)

:wave:

Broadside
Cadet
Cadet

Post by Broadside »

Hi Onelife, booking tomorrow all being well, looking forward to going on Aurora for the first time.

Topic author
Onelife
Captain
Captain

Post by Onelife »

Hi Broadside, I was starting to think the Onelife curse had put people off booking this cruise (our last two cruises were cancelled) Oops!... too late now Broadside :lol:

Hope you managed to get booked for what I’m sure will be a fantastic cruise. Like you, this will be our first cruise aboard Aurora and although we’re a little apprehensive about our first time in an inside cabin I’m sure the positives will outweigh the negatives, especially so having taken onboard what my good mate Robbie aka AOTH has told me about his favourite ship.

Hopefully now that you have taken the plunge others will follow...I do enjoy the build up to the cruise...don’t you?

Regards

Keith :wave:

Broadside
Cadet
Cadet

Post by Broadside »

Hi Onelife all booked, and like you our first time in an inside cabin, couldn't justify the cost of a balcony. We decided on this cruise as it was the only one that included my wife's birthday and our 38th wedding anniversary. Don't worry about the Onelife curse we had to cancel a cruise two years running (2007 & 2008 ).

Regards Nick

oldbluefox
Ex Team Member

Post by oldbluefox »

It's on our list of possibles OL. Am telling you early to give you a chance to cancel in case this comes off. However having been to Venice a few times I'm not sure how keen OH will be to go again. However I can tell you it is a wonderful cruise and whilst Aurora is not as glitzy as some of the newer ships in the fleet she is a lovely ship very akin to a comfy pair of old slippers - warm, friendly and unassuming - one of my personal favourites.

Topic author
Onelife
Captain
Captain

Post by Onelife »

Hi Nick,

I can't think of a better way of celebrating a special occassion other than on a cruise. Like you, we also have something to celebrate as my wife and l both have birthdays whilst we are away. Sounds like the waiters are going to be kept busy with renditions of happy birthday and congratulatons :clap:

Havn't as yet booked any of the excursions but a good friend on here has given me all the info required to make the best choices. We've done the central med before but as there are three new destinations to explore a little knowledge can be worth its weight in gold. With this in mind should you need any advice re: excursions l'm sure Mob wont mind me passing on this info.....there may however be a small charge as my cruise consultant's advice doesn't come cheap :lol:

Regards

Keith

Topic author
Onelife
Captain
Captain

Post by Onelife »

Hi Mr OBF

l've just checked out the availability and from what l could see there are only two cabins remaining so you better get on the phone pronto :thumbup: ..... I must however point out that l didnt look to hard and there may well be other cabins available....l don't suppose the promise of a box of keefy's chocolates would help stear your wife in the right direction?. :lol:

Don't know if its an age thing but the old pair of comfy slippers sounds just what l'm looking for....even better if l could share its warm, friendly surounding with an old cyber friend.

Regards

Broadside
Cadet
Cadet

Post by Broadside »

Are you getting exited Keith only two weeks to go now, countdown is definitely on.
I saw on one of your posts both you and your wife are celebrating Birthdays on the cruise, we are celebrating an anniversary and my wife's birthday. This is our first cruise on Aurora and have had good reports on her so looking forward to it.

Nick

Topic author
Onelife
Captain
Captain

Post by Onelife »

Hello Nick,

I was getting excited until my wife announced she's popping into Stratford 'again' to do some last minute cruise shopping...l wouldn't mind but she still has another 20160 minutes to go before we set sail :lol: :think:

As you say Nick we are fast approching our launch date and we in the onelife household are all looking forward to 17 days of what l'm sure will be a lovely cruise.

Further to my previous comment (re inside cabin) we have been fortunate enough to have been upgraded to a balcony cabins which as you can imagine has put the icing on both of our Birthday cakes.

Hope you and your wife have a fantastic cruise and if you happen to see a tallish, grey haird bloke accompanying his younger looking wife and stunningly beautiful 17 year old daughter please do pop over and say hello.

Regards

Return to “Aurora Cruises 2014”