Booze Cruise?

Arrange to meet other members whilst on a cruise on Azura

Topic author
cruisequeen1
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Booze Cruise?

Post by cruisequeen1 »

Hi All. Anyone on A407 on 4th April 2014? I'm wondering if anyone has done a mini cruise to Bruges. I have read some posts elsewhere about this particular cruise labeled as a booze cruise. Can anyone explain why, or has anyone been on a simlar cruise. Ours is for 3 nights. Any info would be appreciated.

AlexandraW
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Re: Booze Cruise?

Post by AlexandraW »

Hi, yes we are booked on this.... We have never done a mini cruise before. Our nephew is getting married in Australia and we are waiting for the announcement as to when it is going to actually be... that puts all our plans on hold as it ain't gonna be cheap. So, we thought for a "cruise" fix this will have to do for now!
I have no idea why they call it a booze cruise though :think:

JenniC
Ex Team Member

Post by JenniC »

We are on this, well 14 of us actually, a triple special birthday celebration.

The reason they are referred to as Booze Cruises, is a throwback from the trips on the ferries over to the hypermarkets and back to buy the cheap drink!! You will often hear people refer to these cruises as being overrun with hen and stag parties! We have done several short cruises and indeed have never seen a stag party on board (not raunchy enough for the men methinks :moresarcasm: ) although we have had the odd hen party and by and large they were great fun and certainly enjoyed the dressing up, in fact they looked fantastic on the formal night - oh to be young again and squeeze into some of those dresses.

Others may tell you of a different experience, but for me we have always had great, albeit short cruises, met some lovely people and laughed the whole time.

You will have a great time :thumbup:
Jenni

Romig1
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Romig1 »

They're possibly also called "booze cruises" cos there are often groups on them partying. We've done a couple so far, and the atmosphere on board has definitely more of a party feel. We only saw one group of men on our last one (but not a stag party), but lots of groups of women - probably about 5 different hen parties but also several 40th birthday do's. It's a perfect environment for women, compared to many other options. Having said all that, we didn't experience any rowdy behaviour - plenty of high spirits and enjoyment though!

These cruises are also promoted as "taster" cruises - we met many people who told us they were doing the short itinerary in order to see whether they would enjoy cruising, before committing to a longer one, so you'll probably find a higher than usual proportion of newbies too.

We certainly would book further short cruises.... but more likely than not as an addition to a longer cruise - due to the travelling distance to Southampton.

I'm sure you'll have a great time. :thumbup:

Manoverboard
Ex Team Member

Post by Manoverboard »

We did one in August on Aurora, a great atmosphere we thought with people enjoying themselves ... disgraceful behavour :lol:

ps ... and not a sign of a drunken lout anywhere.
Keep smiling, it's good for your well being

Topic author
cruisequeen1
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by cruisequeen1 »

JenniC wrote:
We are on this, well 14 of us actually, a triple special birthday celebration.

The reason they are referred to as Booze Cruises, is a throwback from the trips on the ferries over to the hypermarkets and back to buy the cheap drink!! You will often hear people refer to these cruises as being overrun with hen and stag parties! We have done several short cruises and indeed have never seen a stag party on board (not raunchy enough for the men methinks :moresarcasm: ) although we have had the odd hen party and by and large they were great fun and certainly enjoyed the dressing up, in fact they looked fantastic on the formal night - oh to be young again and squeeze into some of those dresses.

Others may tell you of a different experience, but for me we have always had great, albeit short cruises, met some lovely people and laughed the whole time.

You will have a great time :thumbup:
Hi All. Sorry for the late contact. I was having trouble logging in on this site. Kept trying to log in and followed all instructions for setting new password, but had a lot of trouble, so in the end I gave up. However, I tried again and behold it worked. For how long I don't know. Anyway many thanks for replies. The info was helpful and now we can look forward to what sounds like a lively cruise but nothing like what I have read. We enjoyed our last cruise with P&O last year on Ventura but have to say it was lacking a bit of life at times. Just been getting all info to plan our day trip to Bruges and how to get to the centre of Bruges and back. I heard that the shuttle will drop us at Blankenburge station. I read somewhere that trains into Bruges and back on a Sunday only run every 2 hrs. But need to double check. Don't want to miss the ship!

Quizzical Bob
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Quizzical Bob »

Trains on Sundays are normally every hour.

Lollie
Third Officer
Third Officer

Post by Lollie »

To get a cruise fix between longer cruises and also as celebration get togethers we have done several of these weekender breaks/booze cruises. We have never seen anything other than groups of people enjoying themselves, stag parties and hen weekends are people just enjoying themselves, let face it what better place for a group of young ladies in particular to have a fab time, bars, pools, disco and the spa, absolutely perfect. We love them as a break and the three/four night ones always seem much longer breaks than you would think.

JenniC
Ex Team Member

Post by JenniC »

Lollie wrote:
To get a cruise fix between longer cruises and also as celebration get togethers we have done several of these weekender breaks/booze cruises. We have never seen anything other than groups of people enjoying themselves, stag parties and hen weekends are people just enjoying themselves, let face it what better place for a group of young ladies in particular to have a fab time, bars, pools, disco and the spa, absolutely perfect. We love them as a break and the three/four night ones always seem much longer breaks than you would think.
Same here, great fun and feeds the cruise addiction nicely :thumbup:
Jenni

Topic author
cruisequeen1
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by cruisequeen1 »

Quizzical Bob wrote:
Hi. Thanks for that information re trains every hour. That's great, as it means more time in bruges. I believe the train on the return journey splits in 2 at bruges, wondering what should we do to make sure we'll we board in of the correct section of the train. Don't fancy zooming off to somewhere else and missing our ship. That happened to me in Ireland. It was a right ordeal. I wouldn't like that to happen again. :(

Quizzical Bob
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Quizzical Bob »

cruisequeen1 wrote:
Quizzical Bob wrote:
Hi. Thanks for that information re trains every hour. That's great, as it means more time in bruges. I believe the train on the return journey splits in 2 at bruges, wondering what should we do to make sure we'll we board in of the correct section of the train. Don't fancy zooming off to somewhere else and missing our ship. That happened to me in Ireland. It was a right ordeal. I wouldn't like that to happen again. :(
Have a play on here:

http://www.railtime.be/website/ShowRout ... t=0&trty=1

Return to “The Meeting Place - Azura”