Hotels pre cruise?

Arrange to meet other members whilst on a cruise on Azura

Topic author
longjohn
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Hotels pre cruise?

Post by longjohn »

Hi, our usual pre cruise hotel in Southampton, appears to be fully booked, just wondered if anybody has any recommendations for a one night stay en route.
Preferably along the A34/M3 route from the north and upto 30 miles away from the docks. Ideally a ground floor bedroom, car park and a restaurant or pub next door.
Cheers John

oldbluefox
Ex Team Member

Re: Hotels pre cruise?

Post by oldbluefox »

There are quite a few Premier Inns along the M3 but I presume you are looking for a hotel as opposed to a motel.

Romig1
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Romig1 »

We have stayed here, but it's about 40miles to the docks. Just 1 minute off the A34, near Newbury.

They have some ground floor rooms in the outbuildings.

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Revi ... gland.html

Topic author
longjohn
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by longjohn »

Thanks obf and Romig1, I will check those out, I think a lot of Premier Inns have pubs attached not sure about motels though.
Cheers John

GillD46
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by GillD46 »

We can certainly recommend the Vineyard at Stockcross, a restaurant with rooms near Newbury. Not cheap, but truly superb food and one of the most comfortable hotels we have ever stayed at.
Gill

Topic author
longjohn
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by longjohn »

Gill, Re The Vinyard at Stockcross, Sorry to say at £342 -£735 per night is just a bit too much, on my pension. Thanks for the info, it certainly looks nice. Thanks John

GillD46
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by GillD46 »

longjohn wrote:
Gill, Re The Vinyard at Stockcross, Sorry to say at £342 -£735 per night is just a bit too much, on my pension. Thanks for the info, it certainly looks nice. Thanks John
We last paid £130 by booking via Trivago. It was worth every penny.
Gill

oldbluefox
Ex Team Member

Post by oldbluefox »

All the Premier Inns we have stayed at have had a pub next door which is handy for evening meals and breakfast. In the past we have stayed at the Travelodge in Eastleigh which does have a Harvester pub next door but they do not do breakfasts. However just a short way down the road is a Tesco Express so we usually get croissants or pains de chocolat there and have a snack in our room before setting off for Southampton, just 15-20 minutes away.

Return to “The Meeting Place - Azura”