Topic author
peppy92
Cadet
Cadet

Re: A431A Azura 13 Dec 2014

Post by peppy92 »

TarbieGee wrote:
Hi Peppy 92

Looking on your postings , you will have to book St Kitts Railway with P & O as they book the whole of the seating when they're in port, it's a really

good trip, we did it a couple of years ago, rum punch or soft drink if you prefer, a light nibble, a song or two from an onboard local "choir" and a trip of two

to two and half hours. You then get a coach/ mini bus trip back to the ship, all in all decent value for money

Tarbiegee
Hi Tarbiegee, Thanks for the information, I might think again about it with P&O then. I just really don`t like being held to ransom and that`s what they are doing. But hey ho if needs must you pay the price if you want something. We did an Island trip the last time we visited and it was good, it would be nice to see it from another view.

Regards
Pauline

Topic author
peppy92
Cadet
Cadet

Post by peppy92 »

Just booked the Farewell to Barbados tour for the 27th with P&O. Seems like good value and better than waiting about on the ship to go to the airport. Looking at booking a Spa packages but cant make up my mind what one, any advise welcome. I suppose paying in advance saves your onboard spend for the essentials "hic" lol.

Regards to all

Pauline

Topic author
peppy92
Cadet
Cadet

Post by peppy92 »

peppy92 wrote:
Just booked the Farewell to Barbados tour for the 27th with P&O. Seems like good value and better than waiting about on the ship to go to the airport. Looking at booking a Spa packages but cant make up my mind what one, any advice welcome. I suppose paying in advance saves your onboard spend for the essentials "hic" lol.

Regards to all

Pauline
Cancel any advice on spa package decided not to buy one.

Regards to all

Pauline

karenandbob
Third Officer
Third Officer

Post by karenandbob »

Hi, We have just booked this cruise, but leaving from Gatwick on the Friday 12th December. Also booked the following cruise A432, so will be away for a month. Really looking forward to visiting Bonaire and Curacao again.

We also were on the cruise in 2010 on Azura when it visited New Orleans. Fantastic cruise, but as you say the weather let us down in the American ports, except Key West.

Really looking forward to this cruise, got the cabin we wanted and a very good deal with OBC.

Karen

greenfish187
Cadet
Cadet

Post by greenfish187 »

Pauline
I have now booked
Aristocat in tortola and
Serenity tvl in st lucia for pigeon island

How does that booking for 2015 xmas on britannia work?

Thanks Terry

Topic author
peppy92
Cadet
Cadet

Post by peppy92 »

Terry, We managed to secure a cabin on Britannia Yesterday. We join the ship on the 19th Dec 2015 for two weeks. Decided not to do the 28 days as to many Island repeats for us. So we will not be booking anything for Tortola as it`s on the 2015 itinerary and will sort something out for then.

Regards
Pauline

Topic author
peppy92
Cadet
Cadet

Post by peppy92 »

Found my way back to this board as Laptop is now working ok. It`s quite in here also. Did anyone else get booked on Britannia for Christmas 2015.

Regards
P

greenfish187
Cadet
Cadet

Post by greenfish187 »

peppy92 wrote:
Found my way back to this board as Laptop is now working ok. It`s quite in here also. Did anyone else get booked on Britannia for Christmas 2015.

Regards
P
Pauline,
Yes it is quite on both sites.
All the 3 berth cabins have gone on brittania by the time i had chance to look at it,i tried to register intrest but all the 3 berth had also been taken .
I have been looking at azura xmas 2015 but it departs xmas day,so not sure

Regards Terry

Topic author
peppy92
Cadet
Cadet

Post by peppy92 »

Hi Terry, That`s a shame about the three berths going so quickly. We are happy to be away for Christmas and New Year. The second 2 weeks were not as important to us, so decided to only do the first half of the back to back. Two many Islands we have seen already for our liking. Don`t think I would like traveling on Christmas day! I would look for an alternative cruise also. We booked with Royston for St Kitts so not doing the Railway trip, thought long and hard about. I can`t justify the price and the fact that the cruise line purchase all the seats thus forcing you to book with them. We were with Royston on St Kitts before and it was a very good day and he is reasonable on the price.

Regards for now

P

Topic author
peppy92
Cadet
Cadet

Post by peppy92 »

We just bought some Carnival shares last week been swithering for weeks, The onboard credit will be handy. Just have to work out how to get my share certificate. It made sense having two cruises booked as bank/building society interest rates are rubbish at the mo. Fingers crossed the shareholders benefits remain the same :o

Regards
Pauline

david63
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by david63 »

peppy92 wrote:
Just have to work out how to get my share certificate.
See this topic

Topic author
peppy92
Cadet
Cadet

Post by peppy92 »

david63 wrote:
peppy92 wrote:
Just have to work out how to get my share certificate.
See this topic

Thanks very much David very interesting reading. Think it will be a screen shot after final payment has been made. Made good use of the grandchildren inheritance :lol:

Regards to all
Pauline

Topic author
peppy92
Cadet
Cadet

Post by peppy92 »

We just got confirmation of flight times from Gatwick and Barbados check in is now 4 hours argh.......... Thought 3 hours was bad enough. Cancelled the last day trip as it would only be about 2 and a half hours if that once you take in the extra hour for checking in now at Barbados. The railway trip with cruise looks a better buy than the railway on it`s own.

Regards to all
Pauline

david63
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by david63 »

I thought that four hours check in was now standard for long haul flights.

Topic author
peppy92
Cadet
Cadet

Post by peppy92 »

Could be it`s been 4 hours for a while :crazy: as I`ve resisted long haul for a few years. Oh well more time in the No 1 lounge for us.

Regards to all

Pauline

greenfish187
Cadet
Cadet

Post by greenfish187 »

david63 wrote:
I thought that four hours check in was now standard for long haul flights.
I am sure last xmas was only 3 hours before departure

Topic author
peppy92
Cadet
Cadet

Post by peppy92 »

Just checked in here as not been on this board for a while. It`s quite is it not.

Regards

Pauline

greenfish187
Cadet
Cadet

Post by greenfish187 »

Hi Pauline
Yes it is really quiet
There isn't many newbies on the other site either
Won't be long until we can book our seats now.
Terry

Topic author
peppy92
Cadet
Cadet

Post by peppy92 »

Found my way back here. I keep getting mixed up with password :lol: Must be an age thing.
Think more people are posting on CC.

Regards
Pauline

greenfish187
Cadet
Cadet

Post by greenfish187 »

peppy92 wrote:
Found my way back here. I keep getting mixed up with password :lol: Must be an age thing.
Think more people are posting on CC.

Regards
Pauline
Pauline,everytime it prompts me for my password i always get it wrong too as i always stay logged in
Terry

Return to “Azura Cruises 2014”