A431A Azura 13 Dec 2014

Azura cruises in 2014

Topic author
peppy92
Cadet
Cadet

A431A Azura 13 Dec 2014

Post by peppy92 »

Hi, Anyone else on this Christmas cruise? Dec 13 2014. We were on her a few years ago and had a good time over the Christmas period. Diana jump in here if you want it`s Pauline posting :wave: .
Regards to all
Pauline and William

greenfish187
Cadet
Cadet

Re: A431A Azura 13 Dec 2014

Post by greenfish187 »

Hi i am hoping to be on board but going to wait for a getaway as i don't want to be stung as i was this year,as long as i have a balcony not really fussed on location.
Have just returned from last years xmas cruise and it was fab
Terry

greenfish187
Cadet
Cadet

Post by greenfish187 »

I have now booked as was worried i would not be able to get a 3 berth cabin,but very pleased with what i have booked
Terry :crazy:

Topic author
peppy92
Cadet
Cadet

Post by peppy92 »

Good for you booking! Sometimes you have to bite the bullet to get what you want, as long as your happy with price paid. We booked it early as we wanted to be sure we got away at Christmas and we got good OBC. I think we may be on the same Roll Call on another site. I am Wull92`s OH. I just booked Dominica with Levi from Bumpling, oh the bubbles they do sound good. :clap:
Regards to all
Pauline

greenfish187
Cadet
Cadet

Post by greenfish187 »

peppy92 wrote:
Good for you booking! Sometimes you have to bite the bullet to get what you want, as long as your happy with price paid. We booked it early as we wanted to be sure we got away at Christmas and we got good OBC. I think we may be on the same Roll Call on another site. I am Wull92`s OH. I just booked Dominica with Levi from Bumpling, oh the bubbles they do sound good. :clap:
Regards to all
Pauline
Hi Pauline
Yes i am tfg on the other site.
I had some excellent advice from Sue on all last years ports,it was excellent.
We snorkelled at champagne reef and it was very good,sounds like that is where your trip is going.
I have not looked at any trips yet as like to do our own thing,but may look at the st lucia snorkelling trip,as i don't think you can get there yourself.

Yes i am pleased with the price and obs although i am sure the price will drop but at least i am going.

Terry

Topic author
peppy92
Cadet
Cadet

Post by peppy92 »

Hi Terry,
Sue and Garry were on the same cruise as us in 2010 on Azura so you were in good hands. We had 4 lovely weeks on her in the Caribbean and America but the weather was cruel to us as it was in the the UK. We met some lovely people on the cruise and had a blast. I had cruised before that! William hadn`t he said "he would never cruise" but I talked him into it for our silver wedding and yes he got the bug :lol:

I like the water but Williams not that keen so we tend to have mixed trips when away. I`m a redhead so I don`t really sunbathe 1-2 hours is enough for me as I just get burned. We have booked with Spencer Ambrose for St Lucia his Island and boat tour sounds good to us and has really good reviews. St Kitts we fancy doing the Railway trip but think we may have to book P & O as we are not getting an answer from the Railway site. Fancy doing Virgin Gorda with the stop at Tortola but again it will be with P&O because of time. Last time we did the Royal swim with the dolphins and it was a great experience.

Regards to all

Pauline

Topic author
peppy92
Cadet
Cadet

Post by peppy92 »

Change of plan not doing Virgin Gorda OH does not fancy it at all. Might be a day browsing about :lol:

Regards to all
Pauline

greenfish187
Cadet
Cadet

Post by greenfish187 »

Pauline
Have you been to jost van dyke from tortola?
My in laws are now coming too and my mil doesn't really like the sun and i think the st kitts trip will be ideal for them as she isn't really a beach person.
I am looking at antigua ,st vincent and grand turk of things to do

Terry

Topic author
peppy92
Cadet
Cadet

Post by peppy92 »

Hi Terry, No we have not been to Jost Van Dyke. Think we may just have Tortola as a lazy day, browsing around the Shops/market is good for me. If I mind right there is a few stalls to the left of the ships bearth. I just heard back from a tour company re St Kitts railway, they asked what cruise line we are on. Because we are on a P&O ship we have to book with the ship reason being "Unfortunately, due to contractual agreement between the Scenic Tour Operator and your Cruise line, the Scenic Railway Tour you are requesting has to be booked at the tour desk on board your cruise ship" we thought this so it will be booked shortly with P&O as William wants to do this. The last time we were on St Kitts we went with Royston on his Island tour it was very good and worth the money. That`s good your inlaws are coming aswell. Grand Turk was great, the last time we just got off the ship and hit the beach it was lovely and shaded and just a stones throw from the ship and some small shops. We might do somethink else this time. Antigua I haven`t a clue what to do, last time we got off the ship and just walked about the town. I thought it was dirty they need to invest in the port, again though it`s just a walk off the ship. Have you been to St Maarten before? We did a tour of both sides of the Island and went to Mayo beach and watched the planes it was good fun! William got his face sandblasted with the 747 it blew off his tan :lol:

Regards for now
Pauline

greenfish187
Cadet
Cadet

Post by greenfish187 »

Pauline,
I have put a thread on c/c about jvd to get some more info.
Last time in st maarten we went to pinel island shared a taxi then got the ferry across which ran every 45 mins and the taxi came back to collect us .
This year i am looking at possibly mullet bay depending how far it,may have to ask sue.

My daughter would like to know how old your dog is and if its a girl or boy finally what's it's name?

Terry

Quizzical Bob
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Quizzical Bob »

We have been to Antigua several times and we stayed at the Rex hotel Halcyon Cove.
http://www.rexresorts.com/antigua/antig ... sorts.html

The last time we visited on a cruise we took a taxi and bought an all-inclusive day pass for US $60 each, includes lunch, afternoon tea and all your drinks (they told me at the desk that breakfast was also included). Because we knew the hotel so well we were straight into the most relaxed day that we have spent for some time. A wonderful uncrowned sandy beach, large coconut shades, a beach bar just behind. A bit further along the beach was an array of sunbeds without shade that were used for the other cruise ships that were in that day.

Topic author
peppy92
Cadet
Cadet

Post by peppy92 »

greenfish187 wrote:
Pauline,

My daughter would like to know how old your dog is and if its a girl or boy finally what's it's name?

Terry
Hi Terry,
Our wee dog is called Scamp "Aptly named" he was 4 last September. He is a bundle of fun but thinks he`s the boss of the house. Thinking about he is right as we work round him. He hates when we go on our holidays, he doesn`t look at us when we come home for about a week. He has seperation issues :moresarcasm: We also have a Parrot the same name as you Daughter we bought her in 2000 as a 10 week old chick hence her name Millie after the Millennium.

We have thought again about St Kitts regarding the railway trip. We don`t like the idea of P & O forcing you to go with them and the price is a bit high for 2/3 hours. I am looking for something else for us to do.

Regards for now

Pauline

greenfish187
Cadet
Cadet

Post by greenfish187 »

Pauline,
Thanks for that but my daughter is called Macy not Millie lol,will let you know about the trip when i get a reply
Terry

Topic author
peppy92
Cadet
Cadet

Post by peppy92 »

greenfish187 wrote:
Pauline,
Thanks for that but my daughter is called Macy not Millie lol,will let you know about the trip when i get a reply
Terry
Oops sorry Macy :oops: must have been word blind for a mo.
I looked at trip advisor about that trip. If I read it right you have to swim for the shore on both trips. William is not that great at swimming, I`m going to get him in the pool this year and try and get his confidence built up. If he can`t stand up in the water he panics. I think that swimming for the shore would freak him out. I went swimming with turtles in Barbados and he really wanted to get in the water with me but his fear wouldn`t let him. It was such a shame for him as it was great. Still LMK the price when you find out.

Regards for now
Pauline

greenfish187
Cadet
Cadet

Post by greenfish187 »

Pauline
Have not had a reply from aristocat yet and have also contacted patouche so will let you know when i hear back.
Terry

greenfish187
Cadet
Cadet

Post by greenfish187 »

Pauline
Patouche have replied by saying check back in the summer although that is our busiest time of the year and we are usually privately booked.
Terry

Topic author
peppy92
Cadet
Cadet

Post by peppy92 »

greenfish187 wrote:
Pauline
Patouche have replied by saying check back in the summer although that is our busiest time of the year and we are usually privately booked.
Terry
Do these people not understand, us women have to get organized. Imagine wanting us to wait till summer :lol: for an upcoming holiday in December, are they having a laugh. I`ll be sorted before then :crazy:

Regards for now
Pauline

greenfish187
Cadet
Cadet

Post by greenfish187 »

Pauline
My thoughts exactly don't they want our business?
Aristocat aren't too quick in replying are they?
Terry

greenfish187
Cadet
Cadet

Post by greenfish187 »

Pauline
Aristocat got back to me after i chased them up ,they said it's too early for them they will contact me nearer the time
The whole point of booking early is to get what i want before they fill up
Terry

Topic author
peppy92
Cadet
Cadet

Post by peppy92 »

Terry,
The trip they do is 9.30am to 5pm so I don`t think it would do, unless they changed the time to suit the ships departure (can`t see it happening) as the ship leaves at 5pm could be a bit tight.

Might look at other options

Regards for now
Pauline

karenandbob
Third Officer
Third Officer

Post by karenandbob »

We are looking into doing the Christmas cruise on Azura but are looking to do a back to back to fit in New Year as well (prefer Azura to Ventura). We have just come back from Azura New Year cruise to the Caribbean. We do love the majority of the islands but do wish P&O would bring back the same cruise as they did in 2010 to New Orleans, that was such a blast, thoroughly enjoyed that cruise even though the weather was a bit on the cold side in America (except Key Weest of course). :P :P

Topic author
peppy92
Cadet
Cadet

Post by peppy92 »

karenandbob wrote:
We are looking into doing the Christmas cruise on Azura but are looking to do a back to back to fit in New Year as well (prefer Azura to Ventura). We have just come back from Azura New Year cruise to the Caribbean. We do love the majority of the islands but do wish P&O would bring back the same cruise as they did in 2010 to New Orleans, that was such a blast, thoroughly enjoyed that cruise even though the weather was a bit on the cold side in America (except Key Weest of course). :P :P
Hi Karen and Bob, Nice you have jumped on this thread. Alan and Diana from the 2010 cruise are joining this cruise as well. Think we all had a blast on Azura in 2010. It was so cold at Kennedy Space Center I had to buy a jacket for me and a jumper for William. New Orleans was great apart from nearly getting mugged,we walked off the tourist track at night "we won`t do that again" thank god for the police cruisers. By the time we got back to the ship and everyone was leaving to go to the Jazz venues I was whispering to myself "your all mad" think it was relief, it was an experience I do not want to repeat. Really enjoyed going up the Mississippi on the Natchez, think it was filled with Azura Passengers which was great for us. Again it was really cold bought a hat and scarf. Key West was brilliant as it was so hot and a lovely stop for us. Think the weather was the same all over the world that year. We came home to the garage roof inside the garage. 23 inches of snow no wonder Brrrrrrrrrrr! We were lucky some people had burst pipes pulled down gutters the list goes on. Hopefully the weather will be kinder to us this year fingers crossed. We enjoyed Grand Turk as we just got off the ship and walked over to the beach. I`m not a beach person but I did enjoy it, think it might have been down to all the company and everyone getting on.

Our youngest daughter gets married in August so we will be willing December to come round after that. With all the to-ing and fro-ing between Scotland and England it will be nice to relax.

Terry I have been in touch with another company in Tortola Voyageescapes Depart: 9.30 a.m. Return: 4.00 p.m. Excursion Rate: $85 per person. It takes you to Sandy Spit, Jost Van Dyke and White Bay and you swim to “Soggy Dollar Bar” from the boat. I will let you know if and when I hear from them.

Regards for now Pauline

Hopefully this year will be as good as 2010

greenfish187
Cadet
Cadet

Post by greenfish187 »

Pauline
Great look forward to it
Terry

TarbieGee
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by TarbieGee »

Hi Peppy 92

Looking on your postings , you will have to book St Kitts Railway with P & O as they book the whole of the seating when they're in port, it's a really

good trip, we did it a couple of years ago, rum punch or soft drink if you prefer, a light nibble, a song or two from an onboard local "choir" and a trip of two

to two and half hours. You then get a coach/ mini bus trip back to the ship, all in all decent value for money

Tarbiegee

greenfish187
Cadet
Cadet

Post by greenfish187 »

TarbieGee wrote:
Hi Peppy 92

Looking on your postings , you will have to book St Kitts Railway with P & O as they book the whole of the seating when they're in port, it's a really

good trip, we did it a couple of years ago, rum punch or soft drink if you prefer, a light nibble, a song or two from an onboard local "choir" and a trip of two

to two and half hours. You then get a coach/ mini bus trip back to the ship, all in all decent value for money

Tarbiegee
Hi my in laws are interested in booking this trip although at £68 i find that very expensive ,but i will let them know it is good
Pando can charge what they want because as you say pando take over the train

Terry

Return to “Azura Cruises 2014”