Ventura N403A Feb 1st 2014

Topic author
Borogal2
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Ventura N403A Feb 1st 2014

Post by Borogal2 »

Have just booked this cruise -anybody else booked? We are flying from Manchester.

JordanSchofield1998
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Re: Ventura N403A Feb 1st 2014

Post by JordanSchofield1998 »

Hey, We Have Booked that Cruise! We Fly From Manchester on the 31st of January, there are two dates that you can book :D so we will be on it a day before you :) is it your first time onboard Ventura?

Kaziebelle
Third Officer
Third Officer

Post by Kaziebelle »

We're on this cruise flying out of East Midlands on the 1st feb

Topic author
Borogal2
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by Borogal2 »

Hi we have not been on the Ventura before but have been to the Caribbean twice before- once on Sea Princess and last year on Celebrity Eclipse. There are 2islands we haven't visited grand Turk & St Vincent so looking forward to them. Has anyone been on Ventura before - have read some reviews that are not very encouraging so it would be nice to here from someone who has been on before and still going again

Sue & Dave

Kaziebelle
Third Officer
Third Officer

Post by Kaziebelle »

Borogal2 wrote:
Hi we have not been on the Ventura before but have been to the Caribbean twice before- once on Sea Princess and last year on Celebrity Eclipse. There are 2islands we haven't visited grand Turk & St Vincent so looking forward to them. Has anyone been on Ventura before - have read some reviews that are not very encouraging so it would be nice to here from someone who has been on before and still going again

Sue & Dave
We have been on Ventura twice before.she is big,roomy,smart,accommodating and at the end of it all,people will draw their own conclusions as to whether she is good or not.we just went with an open mind the first time we went on her and really enjoyed our holiday and I'm sure you will also.

Topic author
Borogal2
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by Borogal2 »

That's good to know. To be fair before we went on Sea Princess there were a lot of bad reviews which worried us but when we were on we loved it. sometimes I think the only people who write reviews are those that want to moan about everything. So long as the sun shines and the beaches are golden we'll be happy!

Kaziebelle
Third Officer
Third Officer

Post by Kaziebelle »

Borogal2 wrote:
That's good to know. To be fair before we went on Sea Princess there were a lot of bad reviews which worried us but when we were on we loved it. sometimes I think the only people who write reviews are those that want to moan about everything. So long as the sun shines and the beaches are golden we'll be happy!
Well if that's it,then you'll be happy and so will we!

Topic author
Borogal2
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by Borogal2 »

hHave you been to the Caribbean before? Which islands have you visited?

Kaziebelle
Third Officer
Third Officer

Post by Kaziebelle »

Borogal2 wrote:
Yes,we've been before and visited....Trinidad,Tobago,Aruba,Barbados,Antigua,Bonaire,Curaçao,st Maarten,st kitts,st Lucia,Tortola,Grenada,Catalina Isle,marguerite Isle,Jamaica,Cozumel,mayreau,grand Carmen,st Vincent,Costa Rica,plus a few more that I can't remember

Kaziebelle
Third Officer
Third Officer

Post by Kaziebelle »

Kaziebelle wrote:
Borogal2 wrote:
Yes,we've been before and visited....Trinidad,Tobago,Aruba,Barbados,Antigua,Bonaire,Curaçao,st Maarten,st kitts,st Lucia,Tortola,Grenada,Catalina Isle,marguerite Isle,Jamaica,Cozumel,mayreau,grand Carmen,st Vincent,Costa Rica,plus a few more that I can't remember
Is there no one else on this cruise,at present borogal2,there is only you me and Jordan onboard so we'll have loads of space lol

Topic author
Borogal2
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by Borogal2 »

Yes it looks as though we'll have no trouble getting a sun bed on sea days!!

Kaziebelle
Third Officer
Third Officer

Post by Kaziebelle »

Borogal2 wrote:
Yes it looks as though we'll have no trouble getting a sun bed on sea days!!
How many are in your party?we have 4 in ours

Topic author
Borogal2
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by Borogal2 »

just me & my partner - so assuming Jordan is a couple at least, it makes 8 of us on this cruise! Must be why the price has gone down so much as soon as the final payments were made! - lots of free cabins

Kaziebelle
Third Officer
Third Officer

Post by Kaziebelle »

Borogal2 wrote:
just me & my partner - so assuming Jordan is a couple at least, it makes 8 of us on this cruise! Must be why the price has gone down so much as soon as the final payments were made! - lots of free cabins
Should be fun,we have two 50somethings plus my mum and dad who are in their 80's and it is their first cruise!

Topic author
Borogal2
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by Borogal2 »

Have you got any trips booked? We have booked the sugar train on St Kitts - went on it last time after it was recommended by our TA- he described it as the best tour in the Caribbean- not sure I would say that but we really enjoyed it- especially the rum punch which got steadily stronger every time one was made! We've also booked a whale/dolphin watch in Dominica. Hoping to see some this time cos we did a dolphin trip in Gibraltar one year and we were out for over 2hours and I'm still waiting to see a dolphin! I wasn't too keen on the black sand in Dominica which is why we decided to do a trip.

Kaziebelle
Third Officer
Third Officer

Post by Kaziebelle »

Borogal2 wrote:
Have you got any trips booked? We have booked the sugar train on St Kitts - went on it last time after it was recommended by our TA- he described it as the best tour in the Caribbean- not sure I would say that but we really enjoyed it- especially the rum punch which got steadily stronger every time one was made! We've also booked a whale/dolphin watch in Dominica. Hoping to see some this time cos we did a dolphin trip in Gibraltar one year and we were out for over 2hours and I'm still waiting to see a dolphin! I wasn't too keen on the black sand in Dominica which is why we decided to do a trip.
We haven't got any trips booked yet but I think that the train could be one to look at.we went on the dolphin and whale trip from st Lucia and the skipper of the boat tried to convince us that we had seen two whales when it was so obviously the same whale twice,obvious because it had the biggest gap in its fin I've ever seen lol

Topic author
Borogal2
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by Borogal2 »

At least you saw one lol! The train is good fun - they have a few singers on to entertain you and have a conductor who comes round with information and is a good way to see the whole of the island in a different way from a taxi or minibus. The rum punch/piña colada/fruit juices are very refreshing as well and just keep coming!

Jan Rosser
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Jan Rosser »

Make sure you keep the ship tidy :lolno: I'm getting on board on the 15 February - flying in from Cardiff :wave: Hope you have a fabulous time :thumbup:
Janis

Kaziebelle
Third Officer
Third Officer

Post by Kaziebelle »

Jan Rosser wrote:
Make sure you keep the ship tidy :lolno: I'm getting on board on the 15 February - flying in from Cardiff :wave: Hope you have a fabulous time :thumbup:
Thankyou for that Janis,I'm sure that we'll try to keep her clean for you.heres wishing you an excellent cruise

Topic author
Borogal2
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by Borogal2 »

Does anyone know if you can cash dollar travellers cheques on Ventura?i

Kaziebelle
Third Officer
Third Officer

Post by Kaziebelle »

Borogal2 wrote:
Does anyone know if you can cash dollar travellers cheques on Ventura?i
Not sure,I know they did it previously but whether they still do?
You could post another enquiry

Topic author
Borogal2
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by Borogal2 »

Do you think anyone else is on this cruise kaziebelle - can't believe it is so quiet when the cruise is so close. Looking forward to getting seats booked and then I think everything is booked and can start countdown until we leave for Manchester.u

Kaziebelle
Third Officer
Third Officer

Post by Kaziebelle »

Borogal2 wrote:
Do you think anyone else is on this cruise kaziebelle - can't believe it is so quiet when the cruise is so close. Looking forward to getting seats booked and then I think everything is booked and can start countdown until we leave for Manchester.u
Yes,same here,we've got premiair seats but we still need to book specific seats when they become available,whenever that is.they said approx 12 weeks before we fly but they're not on yet!
Do you know when they're available?

Topic author
Borogal2
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by Borogal2 »

When I asked my TA they said 28 Nov so try then

Topic author
Borogal2
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by Borogal2 »

My TA said 28th November so put it in your diary!

Return to “The Meeting Place - Ventura”