P & O 'Special Announcements' 26/10/2016

Topics relating to P&O

Big Bob
Cadet
Cadet

Re: P & O 'Special Announcements' 26/10/2016

Post by Big Bob »

Thank you Mr Ludlow. If you listened to loyal customers you would know that larger ships are a no go area for many of us. If you continue to build ever larger ships then you will lose your traditional market. Fine but are you sure you can sell Butlins at sea to an increasing number of new clients?

I wish you well but 180000 tons is not for us. I am increasingly impressed with the quality of the Celebrity offering and am a loyal P& O cruiser who has had enough of declining standards and a management that does not value loyalty.

Frank Manning
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Frank Manning »

Big Bob wrote:
Thank you Mr Ludlow. If you listened to loyal customers you would know that larger ships are a no go area for many of us. If you continue to build ever larger ships then you will lose your traditional market. Fine but are you sure you can sell Butlins at sea to an increasing number of new clients?

I wish you well but 180000 tons is not for us. I am increasingly impressed with the quality of the Celebrity offering and am a loyal P& O cruiser who has had enough of declining standards and a management that does not value loyalty.
:clap: :thumbup:

Frank Manning
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Frank Manning »

After our experience with the food in the MDR on QM2 in August, I fear that creeping "Carnivalisation" will drive us away permanently. I think Sue and I are going to save up, and try Seven Seas, meanwhile it will be UK hols for us.

barney
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by barney »

Big Bob wrote:

In P&O's defence, they have realised that the rapidly aging regular consumer will not be around forever.

Younger people are clearly looking for something slightly different to the traditional cruise that we have come to love.
If the didn't, Royal Carib would not exist with it's surf waves and climbing walls

The simple formula is that if you don't like big ships, then don't book one.

There are always alternatives :thumbup:
Empty vessels .. and all that

david63
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by david63 »

I see that P&O are now admitting that they had "technical problems" with the "Announcement" on Wednesday - now remind me where have I heard that before?

oldbluefox
Ex Team Member

Post by oldbluefox »

I wonder who they blame now?

CaroleF
First Officer
First Officer

Post by CaroleF »

On the thread about this on CC someone thinks that initially this Special Announcement was meant to be the news of the new ship but that Carnival wanted it out earlier so it was announced before P&O intended it. This leaves the current Special Announcement as a bit of a dead squib - plus the useless transmission. If they had combined it with news of the new loyalty benefits which are supposed to be coming then maybe it wouldn't be so useless - assuming of course they could get the technical side correct.

Carole

towny44
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by towny44 »

While trying, and failing, to use the Adonia link David provided over on the Adonia thread I came across the updated info for the new "Gala" ship, and was very disturbed to see a photo of Britannia's supremely boring Atrium against the blurb about creating unrivalled experiences and levels of luxury on board.
I do hope this is just lack of a suitable mock up from the new vessel and not an indication of how drab it will look.
John

Trainee Pensioner since 2000

qbman1
Captain
Captain

Post by qbman1 »

I fear P&O currently have a terminal case of Taupe !

Mervyn and Trish
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Mervyn and Trish »

Sorry to disagree both. We loved Britannia's atrium. Still if it keeps you two away.......

p.s. it's not called taupe. It's called understated elegance!
Last edited by Mervyn and Trish on 25 Nov 2016, 16:02, edited 1 time in total.

qbman1
Captain
Captain

Post by qbman1 »

The starburst thingy is nice enough...but all that beige ! And with Sindhu and the other nice places being open to the atrium they are all a bit noisy

Mervyn and Trish
Commodore
Commodore

Well turn your hearing aid off then!

qbman1
Captain
Captain

Post by qbman1 »

Does that get rid of all the beige ?

Mervyn and Trish
Commodore
Commodore

If you take you glasses off and put a bucket over your head as well, yes

towny44
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by towny44 »

Mervyn and Trish wrote:
Sorry to disagree both. We loved Britannia's atrium. Still if it keeps you two away.......

What's to love about Britannia's Atrium? It's not even as elegant as a John Lewis store, and nowhere near as many interesting items to browse.
I think you need to check out Oceana's Atrium, as an ex Princess ship she is designed to give you that "wow" moment the first time you see it, rather than Britannia's Hmm, where next.
Last edited by towny44 on 27 Nov 2016, 10:23, edited 1 time in total.
John

Trainee Pensioner since 2000

Mervyn and Trish
Commodore
Commodore

towny44 wrote:
Mervyn and Trish wrote:

What's to love about Britannia's Atrium? It's not even as elegant as a John Lewis store, and nowhere near as many interesting items to browse.
I think you need to check out Oceana's Atrium, as an ex Princess ship she is designed to give you that "wow" moment the first time you see it, rather than Britannia's Hmm, where next.
Like I say, we don't have to agree. Yes Oceana has a wow but for us it's a rather over blinged wow. But each to his own. For some Oceana is their favourite ship, it's our least favourite in the fleet. Perhaps we just love department store chic! Doesn't make us wrong.

qbman1
Captain
Captain

Post by qbman1 »

I think I should arrange a Ship's Tour on Calamity next year so I can see what all the fuss is about

Return to “P&O”