New web site

Topics relating to P&O

Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Re: New web site

Post by Stephen »

Basically, it's a shambles.

P&O never fails to disappoint when it comes to IT.

Quizzical Bob
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Quizzical Bob »

For what it's worth, here is my correspondence with P&O Customer Services (sent 10th May 2019):

"Hello,

I am trying to use your new website and I am finding it impossible to use. I want regularly search through available cruises and compare the pricing and availability of cabin grades, especially balcony cabins. Here are my complaints:

When applying a search filter for certain dates I cannot select individual months, only a date range. This makes it almost impossible for me to plan my holidays for the next two years. There are certain months that I cannot consider and with a full date range there are too many results to be able to pick out the cruises of interest.

Everything is far too big and bright. I am blinded by the white screens and the text is too small and thin and unreadable. There is too little information on each page, for example, if there are (say) 23 results then I can only see one and a half cruises on each screen. I don't need to see the itinerary, that takes up too much room and could be summarised more simply. In effect all that I can see is one cruise per screenful. Even then the individual cruise information does not fit on one screen There are more than four screenfuls that need to be scrolled through yet each screenful has hardly any information on it.

I cannot set the preference for cabin type. All I get is a price 'from' for inside cabins. This is useless.

You used to display the prices for different cabin grades with select and saver prices alongside each other. Now everything is spread out in thin text on a large white background.

Why can't I have the results in tabular form? Something like the back inside page of the brochure would be far more useful.

This new website design is atrocious. It is worse than a Noddy book. I can only hope that you didn't spend too much of my shareholder's funds in designing it. I strongly suggest that you restore the original site before you lose too many customers. In its present form it is unusable and I shall not be booking any cruises through it and adding to my 423 nights that we have spend aboard P&O ships.

Kind Regards,"

And their reply last Friday (17th May 2019):

"Dear Mr xxxxxx

Thank you for your email.

I am sorry you have found our new website not the easiest to navigate. We have recently redesigned our website and I apologise for the inconvenience.

We are in the process of updating the new website so I am hopeful in due course navigation of it will be smooth.

In the meantime you can contact our contact centre on 03453 555 111 and we will be more then happy to assist you

Kind regards

Gareth Reast
Guest Services
P&O Cruises"

It would be interesting to see what their future bookings have been like these past three weeks. I've found another bug this morning. On their 'deals' page https://www.pocruises.com/deals there is a box offering extra on-board spending.

"Extra on-board spending money
Book an applicable holiday by 30 April 2019."

Today is the 20th May :oops:

Topic author
Whynd1
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Whynd1 »

I should say that I personally didn't receive the email from P and O yesterday informing me of the extra events being put on for the cruise in two weeks. It was passed on to me by a friend who is travelling and did receive the email.

I have checked my preferences and they are all ticked,but the box where it says keep me logged in keeps unticking itself,so another phone call to P and O as I'm now not receiving g anythi g at all.
Out of three of us going on this cruise only one is getting mail from P and O.

Return to “P&O”