New Cruise Release up to April 2022

Topics relating to P&O

Whynd1
First Officer
First Officer

Re: New Cruise Release up to April 2022

Post by Whynd1 »

Actually P and O are good value for money when you start looking at Princess, Saga and Cunard,especially when you add on single supplement.

I particularly wanted to do a bit more of Croatia and looked at different options not just cruising. When it came down to it P and O prices for 2021 are very reasonable so plumped for a 19 nighter on Arcadia. Did not want to do the Azura fly option.
Lindsey

GillD46
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by GillD46 »

We find cruises, even with Cunard, are almost always cheaper than land based holidays - for the standard we choose.
Last edited by GillD46 on 22 Oct 2019, 13:47, edited 1 time in total.
Gill

Jan Rosser
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Jan Rosser »

2021 is a special year for the family - granddaughter is 18, DIL is 50, her parents 60th wedding anniversary and son and DIL'S 25 wedding anniversary. After the shock of Princess prices it looks as if P&O is the favourite from the point of view of cost and itinerary - family are fancying eastern Mediterranean taking in some islands they haven't visited and the last time we sailed in the Mediterranean my youngest granddaughter was only 4 and can't really remember many of the places. Decisions decisions !!!
Janis

Whynd1
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Whynd1 »

Wow that will some year Jan.

Next month is our 40th wedding anniversary having a family get together with afternoon tea being catered for by good old Mark's and sparks. Also in November my mum will be 90.
Lindsey

Suekersh
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Suekersh »

rogerrovers wrote: 21 Oct 2019, 18:36
We also got what we wanted for J201 Arcadia Amazon 2022. Well pleased .

Jenny.
Hi Jenny, we are booked on this and got our 1 st choice aft balcony cabin.

It’s a long time off but have a few to keep us going until then.

Sue

Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

towny44 wrote: 22 Oct 2019, 12:50
I was assuming that Stephen would want a term time cruise, but I accept that school holiday cruises will always command a high premium.

Making an exception for July 2021 John. Our 40th wedding anniversary. I don't think a trip round the boating lake will cut it. The guvnor fancies a round the UK cruise, but it's not looking promising at the moment. There was one on Arcadia that coincided nicely but we didn't like the itinerary. Princess is also out, too expensive. Will continue scouting round.
Last edited by Stephen on 22 Oct 2019, 16:03, edited 1 time in total.

rogerrovers
Cadet
Cadet

Post by rogerrovers »

Hi Sue ,pleased that you have got the cabin of your choice . Yes it is a long time off, but like you say plenty to look forward to in between .We got an extra one next month on Oceana 35 nights .

Jenny

Gill W
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Gill W »

I’ve also booked the Amazon Cruise on Arcadia.

I was looking at the itinerary this afternoon, it’s very port intensive in the middle part of the cruise. I think, in the Caribbean, on our least favourite islands we may stay on board for some extra relaxation.
Gill

Gill W
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Gill W »

Jan Rosser wrote: 22 Oct 2019, 15:07
2021 is a special year for the family - granddaughter is 18, DIL is 50, her parents 60th wedding anniversary and son and DIL'S 25 wedding anniversary. After the shock of Princess prices it looks as if P&O is the favourite from the point of view of cost and itinerary - family are fancying eastern Mediterranean taking in some islands they haven't visited and the last time we sailed in the Mediterranean my youngest granddaughter was only 4 and can't really remember many of the places. Decisions decisions !!!
2021 is a big year for us too. My husband’s 70th birthday and our 40th wedding anniversary.

We hope to do a day trip on the British Pullman near the time of our anniversary in August, and we are on Queen Victoria in October, near the time of my husband’s birthday.

The celebrations are now continuing into 2022, as we have booked the Amazon cruise on Arcadia
Gill

Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

Gill W wrote: 22 Oct 2019, 23:44
2021 is a big year for us too. My husband’s 70th birthday and our 40th wedding anniversary.

We hope to do a day trip on the British Pullman near the time of our anniversary in August, and we are on Queen Victoria in October, near the time of my husband’s birthday.

The celebrations are now continuing into 2022, as we have booked the Amazon cruise on Arcadia

Very nice Gill. :thumbup:

Whynd1
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Whynd1 »

Stephen

Cunard have two cruises taking in the British Isles for the time you are looking for.

poole boy
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Post by poole boy »

My wife went with her niece on a cunard round britain this august as I could not get insurance the cost was a lot more on cunard as they had a midships ocean view cabin this was dearer than a balcony we have booked on Arcadia for 2021

Kenmo1
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Kenmo1 »

poole boy wrote: 23 Oct 2019, 09:02
on cunard as they had a midships ocean view cabin this was dearer than a balcony we have booked on Arcadia for 2021

Don't tell Stephen that, he will probably have a heart attack at the thought.

Whynd1
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Whynd1 »

Ah but it is a special occasion.
Lindsey

Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

Whynd1 wrote: 23 Oct 2019, 10:35
Ah but it is a special occasion.
Lindsey
Not that special.....heart pounding and wallet quivering :shock: :lol:

Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

Whynd1 wrote: 23 Oct 2019, 07:41
Stephen

Cunard have two cruises taking in the British Isles for the time you are looking for.
Thanks

if it's the two I found 'Iceland And British Isles Cruise', the itinerary is not for us.

Mervyn and Trish
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Mervyn and Trish »

You forgot to mention your 21st (plus labour plus VAT) :)

Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

Mervyn and Trish wrote: 23 Oct 2019, 12:30
You forgot parts Merv. That's if you can still get them :D

Mervyn and Trish
Commodore
Commodore

That should be fabulous Gill. We did a trip on the Northern Belle, which was at the time a sister train (though no longer) and newer but fitted in Pullman style. The service and food was excellent. Dress was smart casual but a chap across the aisle from us announced he was dressing for dinner and promptly pulled a bow tie from his pocket and put it on!

Mervyn and Trish
Commodore
Commodore

Stephen wrote: 23 Oct 2019, 12:34
Mervyn and Trish wrote: 23 Oct 2019, 12:30
You forgot parts Merv. That's if you can still get them :D
Probably from a breaker's yard?

Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

Even then you'd be lucky

Mervyn and Trish
Commodore
Commodore

I think we'll still be with P&O for the family trip because we'll be paying for the lot, so price is critical.

Our next cruise for just the two of us, not already booked, is likely to be 2023, as next year is tied up and we have land based plans in 2021. I think then we'll be looking again at Cunard, Princess and maybe Saga (subject to our trial run next year). The prices are higher but we're starting to think they're worth it as the brands diverge in their target passengers.

Gill W
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Gill W »

Mervyn and Trish wrote: 23 Oct 2019, 12:35

That should be fabulous Gill. We did a trip on the Northern Belle, which was at the time a sister train (though no longer) and newer but fitted in Pullman style. The service and food was excellent. Dress was smart casual but a chap across the aisle from us announced he was dressing for dinner and promptly pulled a bow tie from his pocket and put it on!
For our 30th Wedding Anniversary we did a lunch outing (I think it was still called the Orient Express at that time). It was steam hauled as well. From Victoria we did a round trip of suburban Surrey and Sussex, but the food was amazing. We would love to have a full day out, and more time on the train.
Gill

Lynda and David
Third Officer
Third Officer

Post by Lynda and David »

We traveled from London to Venice on both the British Pullman and the Orient Express in April this year to celebrate our 30th Wedding Anniversary, If anyone would be interested I could post a review or our journey.

Lynda

Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

Lynda and David wrote: 24 Oct 2019, 23:37
We traveled from London to Venice on both the British Pullman and the Orient Express in April this year to celebrate our 30th Wedding Anniversary, If anyone would be interested I could post a review or our journey.

Lynda

I would please Lynda

Return to “P&O”