OBC request?

Topics relating to P&O

Topic author
Ess001
Cadet
Cadet

OBC request?

Post by Ess001 »

Hi - Has anybody experienced problems adding their OBC recently? I have emailed Karen twice this week - once to her direct email and the other to the generic shareholder one and still not had a reply. I am requesting my OBC for my December cruise.

We cruised for 2 weeks in April and on checking the bill on the last day I noticed that despite receiving confirmation my shareholder OBC hadn't actually been added to my account, I therefore overpaid by £150. It took nearly 2 months to get a refund! I'm therefore being careful to request this OBC in plenty of time and will now check my account while onboard (don't usually like to look! :shock: )

Thanks

Ess

GillD46
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Re: OBC request?

Post by GillD46 »

I have just emailed to ask for ours for next month. It happened before (£25 )that it wasn't applied, I did notice on board, but if course once the ship has sailed they cannot add it - they claim! Once on QE, it was $2500 - Cunard OBC not Shareholder - that was VERY annoying!
Gill

BrianI
Third Officer
Third Officer

Post by BrianI »

I applied for my shareholder OBC last month and received an email confirmation within two days. About a week later I received a revised P&O invoice, via my TA, showing the extra OBC. Never had a problem with the credit appearing on board although I do check in the early days of the cruise to make sure.
Brian

CaroleF
First Officer
First Officer

Post by CaroleF »

Never had any problem. My husband emailed Karen in August for our cruise in September and he had an acknowledgement within 24 hours. We then got a revised statement from P&O including the shareholder OBC.

Carole

JoanneB
Third Officer
Third Officer

Post by JoanneB »

Our request actually took longer than usual this time, but only a matter of days.

June1969
Cadet
Cadet

Post by June1969 »

Only applied with P&O for the first time. Sail next month and sent email to Karen week after balance was paid and heard back within the week.

Of course she may be the only person who actions OBC and at this time be on her own holidays.

daib GC
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Post by daib GC »

I had a major problem on our last cruise. I knew we only had one lot of OBC the £60 from the shares.

To my horror I found that we had not spent £27 of our OBC. Odd that cos we do tend to spend a bit and of course the tips were taken off first.

I found that we had started with over £500 OBC. Now where did that come from?

I missed out on 4 large G&T's.

Gan Canny

Dai

Capt Black
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Post by Capt Black »

Friends of ours sent off for their shareholder obc for a cruise we are doing THIS WEEK! (not excited at all!). Instead of it applying to this week's cruise, it was applied to Azura's transatlantic we are doing in March, which they hadn't even paid the balance for as that is not due till next month.

A phone call to their TA resolved it.

Topic author
Ess001
Cadet
Cadet

Post by Ess001 »

Thanks for your replies - I have now sent 6 emails, a Facebook status, and FB direct message and a tweet - still no reply from P&O. So disappointing. But I'll persevere.

Ess

GillD46
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by GillD46 »

I have also heard nothing back, nor had any paperwork- though I never had paperwork showing it - and have sent another email and heard nothing. This is more than a little odd.
Gill

davecttr
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Post by davecttr »

Sent off a request yesterday for a December cruise. hopefully a reply in a couple of days.

GillD46
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by GillD46 »

Can you let us know, Dave? My request went a week ago and I've heard nothing. We go in three weeks, so time is getting short since they claim they need two weeks notice these days.
Gill

Topic author
Ess001
Cadet
Cadet

Post by Ess001 »

Hi Gill, I emailed David Dingle this morning and have just had a reply from him saying that he will ensure customer service contact me - his email is david.dingle@carnivalukgroup.com

Kind regards

Sarah

GillD46
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by GillD46 »

Thank you Sarah.
Gill

Boris+
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Boris+ »

I hope you get it sorted soon. I always apply for our shareholder's bunce the day that I pay the final balance - and I've usually always had the email confirming the extra obc within about 2 days (allowing for weekends).

So, I always print out that email (well the attachment bit which usually shows the total obc including the 'extra'), take it with me onboard, and double check on day 1 of the cruise that the account is all 'ship shape and Bristol fashion'.

Em

Boris+
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Boris+ »

I hope you get it sorted soon. I always apply for our shareholder's bunce the day that I pay the final balance - and I've usually always had the email confirming the extra obc within about 2 days (allowing for weekends).

So, I always print out that email (well the attachment bit which usually shows the total obc including the 'extra'), take it with me onboard, and double check on day 1 of the cruise that the account is all 'ship shape and Bristol fashion'.

Em

GillD46
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by GillD46 »

Boris+ wrote:

Em
Well I only booked one evening last week, so couldn't really have applied much sooner than first thing next morning. I really don't know what has gone wrong with the dept, but it's certainly way below par.
Gill

Topic author
Ess001
Cadet
Cadet

Post by Ess001 »

Hi all, just a quick update. I received a reply from my email to David Dingle - he apologised and said customer service would get in touch today to sort. They did and I now have confirmation that the OBC has been added. All a bit of an effort but now sorted, I even had a reply to my email to David Dingle thanking him for his help getting sorted.

Shame P&O's customer service can let them down occasionally as on the whole they are excellent.

45 sleeps to go!!!!!

Ess x

GillD46
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by GillD46 »

After posting a comment on the Cunard page on Facebook, they prompted the right department and today I had confirmation of my OBC.
Gill

davecttr
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Post by davecttr »

Got my confirmatory email today. That is 2 days from request. They will send the new invoice to my TA.

ps - i have a share certificate which apparently can speed up things somewhat.

Return to “P&O”