New Pricing Layout

Topics relating to P&O

Topic author
david63
Site Admin
Site Admin

New Pricing Layout

Post by david63 »

Having been away (oh yes I have) I am not sure when this new layout came into existence but in my opinion it is a load of rubbish. The only way that I can see of finding the price for a specific grade is to enter the booking process :thumbdown:

Also when looking at a cruise on Arcadia one of the features is "Kids Club" :? - is there something that P&O are not telling us?

Mervyn and Trish
Commodore
Commodore

Re: New Pricing Layout

Post by Mervyn and Trish »

I see what you mean. But while I was looking, a little box turned up saying "does this page tell you what you wanted to know?", so I said "no". Then it asked for details so I suggested a price range within a cabin type would be more useful than just a "from" price. Perhaps if enough people say something similar they'll get the message. Or not.

Welcome back by the way. :thumbup:

Quizzical Bob
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Quizzical Bob »

Yes, it's rubbish, but I am only allowed three complaints a day :thumbdown:

Manoverboard
Ex Team Member

Post by Manoverboard »

I used to enjoy checking out the original vs offer prices as the departure dates approach for all cabin grades on certain cruises, obviously looking for a last minute booking at a Getaway type price.

Sadly this is no longer possible so my opinion of the change is ' negative ' :thumbdown:
Keep smiling, it's good for your well being

Mervyn and Trish
Commodore
Commodore

Manoverboard wrote:
I used to enjoy checking out the original vs offer prices as the departure dates approach for all cabin grades on certain cruises, obviously looking for a last minute booking at a Getaway type price.

Sadly this is no longer possible so my opinion of the change is ' negative ' :thumbdown:
Clearly designed to stop you cheapskates getting a deal then! :crazy:
Quizzical Bob wrote:
It goes against my religion to agree with you QB, but on this one I do! Still, it won't actually affect you will it? Not with P&O's outdated dress code, missing ports and lack of 360 degree prom decks on new ships! :thumbup:

Manoverboard
Ex Team Member

Post by Manoverboard »

Mervyn and Trish wrote:
Manoverboard wrote:

Clearly designed to stop you cheapskates getting a deal then! :crazy:
Possibly so young Merv but if it stops me searching for an occasional cheapo deal it is also possibly going to stop me from searching for a World segment .... dontcha think ?

:wave:
Keep smiling, it's good for your well being

Mervyn and Trish
Commodore
Commodore

A fair point Moby. If it makes it more difficult to check out options at any level it doesn't seem a good move. Interestingly for one I had a quick look at there was nearly £2000 difference (for the two of us) between the price of the mid-ships balcony cabin we would have considered and the "from" price for a smaller balcony cabin in a naff position as offered in the prices displayed. Perhaps the marketing bods believe that once hooked by the "from" deal we'll be less resistant to the higher cost of the cabin we really want? Won't work for us I'm afraid.

Topic author
david63
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by david63 »

As far as I can see this new policy will have the effect of driving potential customers to use TAs - or worse still other cruise lines

Quizzical Bob
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Quizzical Bob »

Mervyn and Trish wrote:
Quizzical Bob wrote:
It goes against my religion to agree with you QB, but on this one I do! Still, it won't actually affect you will it? Not with P&O's outdated dress code, missing ports and lack of 360 degree prom decks on new ships! :thumbup:
We need a cheap deal to make up for all the shortcomings 8-)

Mervyn and Trish
Commodore
Commodore

You should try Celebrity. Towny will tell you it's cheap and perfect. And it sails from Southampton. Of course the P&O customer relations department will be sorry to see you go. :crazy:

Return to “P&O”