Select Price and Saver Price

Topics relating to P&O

Topic author
Barnacle Phil
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Select Price and Saver Price

Post by Barnacle Phil »

Can anyone please advise me regarding Select Price and Saver Price Bookings.
I understand that Saver Price bookings do not allow you to select a cabin, request table size or dining times ,but are you allowed to request Freedom Dining in preference to Club Dining at time of booking or would this again only be allocated once on board.

The Tinker
First Officer
First Officer

Re: Select Price and Saver Price

Post by The Tinker »

Only allocated once on board - however I have not heard of anyone being allocated 1st or 2nd sitting on a saver cruise - perhaps someone could enlighten us?

oldbluefox
Ex Team Member

Post by oldbluefox »

On our last cruise you had no choice whether it's Club Dining or Freedom Dining. It's all allocated once onboard. Not sure whether you can change it once onboard as we have never done it although I can never understand why P&O don't ask for preferences with no guarantee you will get them. I am sure many are put onto 1st sitting when they would prefer 2nd, or Club when they would prefer Freedom, and vice versa so I would think it would make it simpler all round just to have preferences.
If you want the extra choice I'm afraid you have to pay the extra for Select.

Manoverboard
Ex Team Member

Post by Manoverboard »

There are it seems ongoing saver price deals and there are also super saver price deals, i.e. those that are paid in full a few weeks prior to the departure date. With the later you get no choice regarding anything but that does not prevent you requesting a change once on board even though the ' rules ' say it is not possible ... if all else fails then use the alternate select dining venues and/or the buffet.

ps ... on Adonia ( no FD ) in May this year we were allocated 2nd sitting and a table for four ( occupied throughout by just us two ) once on board, ditto the cabin etc ... this was on a last minute cheapo deal.
Keep smiling, it's good for your well being

Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

The Tinker wrote:
Only allocated once on board - however I have not heard of anyone being allocated 1st or 2nd sitting on a saver cruise - perhaps someone could enlighten us?
We were, but nipped to the restaurant and got it changed to freedom dining, as did our fiends travelling with us.

GillD46
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by GillD46 »

We have just booked a saver fare on QE for next month - a bit of post wedding relaxation. We are in a Britannia balcony for the first time in years - can't justify any higher grade after funding a wedding - and plan to ask to change if we are allocated first sitting. If we can't change, we shall make good use of select dining.
Gill

Ray Scully
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Ray Scully »

With the recent Savers we have booked, Azura, Caribbean we have always been allotted 2nd sitting Club dining. It appears that this is the least popular. You can once on board request a change to 1st sitting or Freedom but I understand you are unlikely to be successful. BTW we have usually been seated with other Saver clients, presumably not to upset the full fare paying passengers.

Ray

oldtimer
Third Officer
Third Officer

Post by oldtimer »

With saver price you also have to pay for some shuttle bus services.

Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

oldtimer wrote:

We just jump on. Not been challenged yet :thumbup:

GillD46
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by GillD46 »

What will be, will be. I'm not going to stress about it.
Gill

BrianI
Third Officer
Third Officer

Post by BrianI »

Stephen wrote:
oldtimer wrote:

They normally scan all cruise cards when you get on the bus and the ones liable get charged. However, there are some ports such as Zeebrugge, that a free to all.
Brian

Quizzical Bob
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Quizzical Bob »

oldtimer wrote:
We were scanned in Corfu. This was the only time.

Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

BrianI wrote:
Stephen wrote:
oldtimer wrote:

They normally scan all cruise cards when you get on the bus and the ones liable get charged. However, there are some ports such as Zeebrugge, that a free to all.
Brian
Exactly Brian.

Zeebrugge was the port in question.

Dancing Queen
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Dancing Queen »

We were somewhere last year ( not Zeebrugge ) I just hopped on the shuttle oblivious to the fact they were scanning cards but a rather loud woman (passenger) very quickly informed me I hadn't been scanned she was obviously making sure that anyone who had to pay was going to :roll:

It didn't really matter as we weren't on a saver fare anyway but I was expecting her to hop off to tell the 'powers that be' I was trying to get a free ride :lol:
Jo

Onelife
Captain
Captain

Post by Onelife »

Stephen wrote:
oldtimer wrote:

We just jump on. Not been challenged yet :thumbup:[/quote]

HI Stephen.....but was it really worth all the hassle having to take crutches with you? :lol:

Btw....how you feeling.....l am of course refering to your swelling?

Regards

Keith :wave:

Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

Onelife wrote:
Stephen wrote:
oldtimer wrote:

We just jump on. Not been challenged yet :thumbup:[/quote

HI Stephen.....but was it really worth all the hassle having to take crutches with you? :lol:

Btw....how you feeling.....l am of course refering to your swelling?

Regards

Keith :wave:

My swelling is my business thank you. My face is also fine thanks.

Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

Dancing Queen wrote:
We were somewhere last year ( not Zeebrugge ) I just hopped on the shuttle oblivious to the fact they were scanning cards but a rather loud woman (passenger) very quickly informed me I hadn't been scanned she was obviously making sure that anyone who had to pay was going to :roll:

It didn't really matter as we weren't on a saver fare anyway but I was expecting her to hop off to tell the 'powers that be' I was trying to get a free ride :lol:
To be honest DQ I never knew saver fare passengers had to pay for using the shuttle bus. I assumed it was complementary for all. I haven't a clue what they charge would be but it must be cheaper than a taxi!

Manoverboard
Ex Team Member

Post by Manoverboard »

... and a whole lot cheaper than paying the full fare to get a free shuttle bus !!
Keep smiling, it's good for your well being

Quizzical Bob
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Quizzical Bob »

Stephen wrote:
Dancing Queen wrote:

To be honest DQ I never knew saver fare passengers had to pay for using the shuttle bus. I assumed it was complementary for all. I haven't a clue what they charge would be but it must be cheaper than a taxi!
I seem to remember in Corfu it was £4 per person each way. I walked back, which was a very satisfying way to spend 40 minutes.

Some commercial ports do not allow mere passengers to wander around amongst the containers so the port operate free compulsory shuttles to the dock gates, e.g. In Zeebrugge the port shuttle drops you at the gate but the P&O service drops you at Blankenberg town centre and railway station.

Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

Quizzical Bob wrote:
Stephen wrote:
Dancing Queen wrote:

I seem to remember in Corfu it was £4 per person each way. I walked back, which was a very satisfying way to spend 40 minutes.

Some commercial ports do not allow mere passengers to wander around amongst the containers so the port operate free compulsory shuttles to the dock gates, e.g. In Zeebrugge the port shuttle drops you at the gate but the P&O service drops you at Blankenberg town centre and railway station.
We must have been on the P&O service then as we were dropped off in the town centre. I think one of the organisers must have felt sorry for us. We were waiting in a queue for a taxi to turn in horrible weather, so she said you can take the shuttle service. Whether we just struck lucky with the bus we got on I don't know, but no one asked for any form of ID. I must admit I felt a teensy bit sorry for the few people standing at the perimeter gate waiting for a public bus to turn up.

Return to “P&O”