New Check-in Times

Topics relating to P&O

Topic author
david63
Site Admin
Site Admin

New Check-in Times

Post by david63 »

On the basis that P&O state that under the new system check-in will be by deck can we try and see if this is true (just for fun - of course)

Anyone with a check-in time can they post:

Ship
Deck
Check-in time

Whynd1
First Officer
First Officer

Re: New Check-in Times

Post by Whynd1 »

Oriana
C deck
2.30 pm

Boris+
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Boris+ »

Sorry, not going with P&O, so our next cruise checking in time is irrelevant, but it's 'early' - not that I'm bothered.

Nowadays, as long as I can see the ship close by, I'm a happy bunny.

barney
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by barney »

Arcadia
E deck
2.00 pm
Empty vessels .. and all that

CaroleF
First Officer
First Officer

Post by CaroleF »

There's a very long thread about the new check in times on Cruise Critic - some people threatening never to sail with P&O again! Most complaints seem to come from those on Caribbean level and above who seem to think they will be losing their priority check in. Not sure about the truth of it all.

Manoverboard
Ex Team Member

Post by Manoverboard »

Last P&O Cruise ... May 2015

Adonia
A Deck
12:00
Keep smiling, it's good for your well being

qbman1
Captain
Captain

Post by qbman1 »

CaroleF wrote:
There's a very long thread about the new check in times on Cruise Critic - some people threatening never to sail with P&O again! Most complaints seem to come from those on Caribbean level and above who seem to think they will be losing their priority check in. Not sure about the truth of it all.
The messages copied from Facecloth on the other thread on here about the changes seem pretty clear to me - Goldies are NOT losing their priority check-in. People either don't read the info properly or are plain thick! More likely, however, a lot just like to have a good moan for the hell of it. All these moaners who threaten never to set foot on P&O again will do all us P&O regulars a favour if they carry out their promise !!

Ian Perth
Third Officer
Third Officer

Post by Ian Perth »

Spot on qbman1, you tell them. Like you I don't see what the issue is, as far as I'm concerned I can just walk on regardless of time and I have a choice to go for a refreshment, lunch, or whatever else is offered, job done.

allatc
First Officer
First Officer

Post by allatc »

Britannia
A deck
3pm

I don't see a pattern emerging yet

MicheleW
Second Officer
Second Officer

Post by MicheleW »

Ventura
B deck
2.30pm
and
Ventura
C deck
3.30pm

Peter D
Second Officer
Second Officer

Post by Peter D »

I did a similar exercise in a Facebook group I belong to. Here are my results.

The question asked was 'What Deck are you on and What time have you been given to board. If you are in the upper tiers, booked a Suite or coming down by Coach please do not reply because your boarding time will be different irrespective of your Deck.

The results where quite surprising. If I thought that working out the new time of boarding was going to be easy I was wrong.
Here are the results.

If the replies and results are anything to go by, except for one comment, (3pm) the only thing that is definite is if you have booked C Deck, you are getting on at 3:30.

The rest are: A Deck (earliest time given 1pm - latest time given 3:30pm) B (12:30 - 3:30) C (we have covered) D 12:30 - 3:00) and E (1:30 - 2:30).

Some of the people who replied are on the same cruise and had different timings for the same deck.

Interesting; I would have thought that if you were boarding by deck then a certain deck would all have the same time, obviously not. If the new system is by deck then it seems this new timing system is not that straight forward.
Regards

Peter

Jean W
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Post by Jean W »

Azura
A deck
3.00 pm

Gill W
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Gill W »

Peter D wrote:

If the replies and results are anything to go by, except for one comment, (3pm) the only thing that is definite is if you have booked C Deck, you are getting on at 3:30.
Heck, I'm on C deck for my next 2 cruises.

Although Whynd1 who has already replied on this thread is on C deck has a 2.30 boarding time.

I think they are drawing cabins out of a hat
Gill

Peter D
Second Officer
Second Officer

Post by Peter D »

SWAG System.

Scientific Wild Ar££ Guess on the timings given out.
Regards

Peter

rita17
Third Officer
Third Officer

Post by rita17 »

Aurora
A deck

and
F deck

JoanneB
Third Officer
Third Officer

Post by JoanneB »

qbman1 wrote:
CaroleF wrote:
The messages copied from Facecloth on the other thread on here about the changes seem pretty clear to me - Goldies are NOT losing their priority check-in. People either don't read the info properly or are plain thick! More likely, however, a lot just like to have a good moan for the hell of it. All these moaners who threaten never to set foot on P&O again will do all us P&O regulars a favour if they carry out their promise !!

They ARE the P&O regulars :lol: one of the reasons we haven't been with P&O for 3 years

oldbluefox
Ex Team Member

Post by oldbluefox »

Not really bothered if I have to wait. The new terminals are comfortable with plenty going on so I can either relax with my newspaper or magazine or people watch. Consequently it doesn't really matter what schemes P&O come up with my holiday will have already started and I am content to go with the flow. I'm sorry to say checkin times are irrelevant unless they lock me out of the dock gates and I can't see that happening.

Whynd1
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Whynd1 »

Hi

Although my check in time for C deck is 2.30 pm , I am travelling with my travel agent Travel and who operate a door to door service so it will be interesting to see what time we actually arrive in Southampton. Will know 10 days before travel.

Lindsey

Ian Perth
Third Officer
Third Officer

Post by Ian Perth »

Trying to get results by deck is pointless given the new system is not only by deck it also involves where you are on the ship, aft, midship or forward hence the new labels. I expect any boarding times will involve where you are on the ship as well as what deck.

Fab123
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by Fab123 »

Hi

This is my first post on here but thought you might like to see this email from P&O that has just been posted on Facebook. These timings are for Britannia so will probably vary slightly depending on ship and number of decks.

Important Notification
*E-tickets*
Unfortunately,for this cruise,we are experiencing some issues with the system which prints the E-tickets which means for some of you,your embarkation time may not be showing.Please arrive according your check-in time which is allocated by deck as follows:
Suites & LigurianGuests:12:30
DeckA(15):15:30
DeckB(14):13:30
DeckC(13):15:30
DeckD(11):15:00
DeckE(10):14:30
DeckF(9):15:00
DeckG(8):13:00
DeckL(16):13:30
Please disregard if you are arriving by coach as your coach arrival timewill overide these timings.
We look forward to welcoming you onboard Britannia very soon.

Manoverboard
Ex Team Member

Post by Manoverboard »

Four Decks at or after 3 o'clock ... what time does she sail ? :o

ps .... hello and Welcome :wave:
Keep smiling, it's good for your well being

Fab123
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by Fab123 »

Thank you for the welcome. I think Britannia sails about 6pm but even so four decks after 3pm is still a lot to get on board. Not sure of the exact boarding arrangements for the other ships but boarding doesn't start till about 12:45 now. That probably accounts for some of the chaos at the terminals now because they have less time to get everyone on board.

I will be onboard on 30th Oct so will try and report back how it went.

Sue x

Gill W
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Gill W »

Hi Fab, welcome to the forum, and thank you for posting the information.

I was on Britannia in March, on deck B, and I had a boarding time of 1.30pm, which fits into the plan that they have sent you. At the time, I didn't think much about it, as 1.30 seemed a perfectly normal boarding time, but it appears that it's early under these new plans

They seem to be starting the boarding on a very slow basis.

Suites and Ligurians seem to be the only people with true priority boarding at 12.30pm

I imagine there will only be a few of them, so that shouldn't take too much time.

Then the G's go on at 1pm

Then B & L at 1.30pm. But there's only 15 single cabins on L deck, so really, those 15 people will hardly make any difference to the numbers

Then there's nothing until 2.30, when one more deck gets it's time

Then the remaining 4 decks arrive between 3pm and 3.30pm !

I suppose the coaches are scheduled to arrive between 1.30pm and 2.30pm. But if everybody stuck to their time, there'd be around 2000 people arriving in a 30 minute period, right at the end of the boarding period. How on earth would all those people get processed efficiently, and get on board in time for a short rest before the muster. It doesn't seem like a relaxed start to the holiday at all!
Gill

Fab123
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by Fab123 »

I am travelling by coach with Intercruises leaving Manchester Airport on the first coach at 8:30(originally 7:00 but changed by P&O without any notification-saw it by chance when in Cruise Personaliser). They are timing coaches to arrive much later now and I have read reports that people have been held back at Service Stations or even on the coach at the cruise terminal.

I shall let everyone know how it goes.

Sue x

Romig1
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Romig1 »

Fab123 wrote:
I am travelling by coach with Intercruises leaving Manchester Airport on the first coach at 8:30(originally 7:00 but changed by P&O without any notification-saw it by chance when in Cruise Personaliser). They are timing coaches to arrive much later now and I have read reports that people have been held back at Service Stations or even on the coach at the cruise terminal.

I shall let everyone know how it goes.

Sue x
Mum recently went via coach to her Britannia cruise and said how they had an extra "toilet stop" not far from Southampton. However, on arrival at the terminal they were straight off the coach and given a check-in letter to get them checked-in immediately.

Return to “P&O”