New ship for P & O arriving 2022

Topics relating to P&O

Topic author
Gill W
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

New ship for P & O arriving 2022

Post by Gill W »

P & O have announced a second new ship to arrive in 2022, a sister ship for the one arriving in 2020.

I enjoyed my Britannia cruise, but felt that was large enough for me. Looks like the future is huge. http://www.pocruises.com/new-ship-2022/ ... 80235729=1
Gill

GillD46
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Re: New ship for P & O arriving 2022

Post by GillD46 »

And surely it must mean some will be going? But which? They can’t fill so many berths.
Gill

Whynd1
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Whynd1 »

Oriana I'm sure will go and possibly Oceana.
It's going to be the smaller ones.

Once Arcadia and Aurora go I will be going to another cruise line.

towny44
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by towny44 »

Because the newer ships are much better for wheelchair users, and they have more and better equipped accessible cabins, then I hope to enjoy sailing on her.
My only requirement is that they install bigger and better lifts than Britannia, Azura and Ventura, and that they have proper sized balconies rather than Britannia's tiny Juliet balconies, they could maybe check out the newer ships of the RCI groups fleets to see how they do it. In fact maybe they could poach some of their designers to show P&O how a modern 21st century cruise ship should look.
John

Trainee Pensioner since 2000

poole boy
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Post by poole boy »

Definately will not be going on these 2 far to big for us when the smaller ships are gone we will switch to cmv as we have had some really good cruises with them :o

zumbaqueen
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by zumbaqueen »

Not much point bringing out new larger ships if they can't fill the ones they already have. Seems all they are interested in is alienating their loyal customers (I use the word tongue in cheek). There are so many complaints about how the company treat customers these days. I am not one to generally moan but I think P & O have now reach rock bottom and will not be sailing with them again in the future. Unfortunately I booked a cruise on Oriana in May a couple of weeks ago for a friend and myself. I know before you shoot me down in flames prices can vary but we've booked a deluxe outside on C deck and now not is the price of our cabin is substantially less, the price of balcony cabins are also much cheaper than the price we paid. When I questioned this with P & O I got the Terms and Conditions robot. Who was not only very unhelpful but was downright rude. If it was up to me I would forgo my deposit and cancel now but its a tricky situation when you're letting someone else down. I am not new to cruising with P & O I have done over 30 cruises with them. So for me it's bye bye P & O and goodbye from me. I'll leave P & O to their obvious clientele the sell it cheap and pile high brigade.

Manoverboard
Ex Team Member

Post by Manoverboard »

Mass market may be their choice but it deffo isn't ours ... :thumbdown:
Keep smiling, it's good for your well being

Ray B
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Ray B »

zumbaqueen, if you have done over 30 cruises with PandO then you must now know how the system works. As for the newer big ships, it really must now be the end of of cruising as we knew it.May as well re name PandO to Carnival.
Don't worry, be happy

Mamil1
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by Mamil1 »

Always look forward to trying new ships...large or small.Adonia or Britannia...love them all.

david63
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by david63 »

All ships have their plus points and all ships have their minus points. I am not dismissing the new big ships until I have tried them

Capt Black
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Post by Capt Black »

I was in Oriana's Crows Nest when the skipper announced 2020's Behemoth, and there was an audible groan when he stated the tonnage - but there's always groaners ha ha.

We tried Britannia, and she was not for us. So it looks like by 2022, there'll be Behemoth 1 and 2 who probably also won't be for us. :(

Jan Rosser
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Jan Rosser »

Don't knock it until you've tried it ;)

I've been on Britannia several times and enjoyed it - all ships have their pluses and minuses. I'll more than probably try the new ships but agree with one of the posters who mentioned the size of the balconies on Britannia - they are a bit pathetic. The balconies on Azura are my favourites - so spacious but it seems P&O just want to pack as many cabins onto ships as they are able. I really like Aurora - lovely wide prom deck and the covered pool are big bonuses plus the cosiness but quite honestly being on any ship is lovely :thumbup:
Janis

Manoverboard
Ex Team Member

Post by Manoverboard »

The size of the ship is not so much an issue as far as we are concerned but the ' litlens ' can get into the smaller and more unusual Ports.
Keep smiling, it's good for your well being

Return to “P&O”