0% supplements for single travellers

Topics for those cruising on their own

Topic author
Jan Rosser
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

0% supplements for single travellers

Post by Jan Rosser »

Just received an email from P&O with offers of no single supplement on certain Caribbean cruises and only 25% supplement on a range of cruises from inside up to balcony cabins and 50% supplement on suites. Well what a turn up this is - what's happening - are they struggling to fill the ships or seen the light! I have to admit I'm quite shocked and read the email a couple of times in disbelief :crazy:

I've done a test booking and it would be £999 for 14 nights in an inside cabin on Azura at the end of the month. This is a Getaway deal flying out of Gatwick on 30 November 2013.

For a 25% supplement I can travel on Oriana for 19 nights from 15 December 2013 (Christmas and New Year) for only £1249 in an inside cabin - that's out of Southampton.

I wonder will any of the other Carnival brands follow suit - I hope so :thumbup:
Janis

Manoverboard
Ex Team Member

Re: 0% supplements for single travellers

Post by Manoverboard »

Take it while it's on offer ... the bubble could burst at any time with the new kid on the block :thumbup:

:wave:
Keep smiling, it's good for your well being

Dark Knight
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by Dark Knight »

good news for singles then.
last cruise we had a single with us and it was bordering on criminal what Pando wanted for a single persons fare
about time they got the prices more equal
Nihil Obstat

Dancing Queen
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Dancing Queen »

I've had the same e-mail Jan, some very very good prices on offer.

I don't know about other Carnival brands following suit but the cruise I am on over Xmas the prices are not moving yet there is lots of availability and with only a month to go they will either be literally giving it away in a couple of weeks time or sailing half empty :roll: :o
Jo

Kendhni
Ex Team Member

Post by Kendhni »

If there is spare capacity this is a no-brainer marketing exercise ... I am just surprised it took them so long to jump on it.
Single cruisers should take the opportunity to jump at this because it may not be around in another few years.

I remember on the old site I suggested they use an area to 'auction off' last minute availability ... better to stick one head on a bed and get a few quid/break-even rather than sailing with the bed empty ... I still think it is a good idea (just ignore those that would whinge about somebody else getting a cruise cheaper than them).

Mervyn and Trish
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Mervyn and Trish »

That's good news for single travellers and sensible practice for the company.

I can understand why they don't want to fill double cabins with single travellers paying a low supplement when there is still a chance of getting two people in there paying a fare. But when it is clear there is spare capacity one person who's going to spend a bob or two on board makes more sense than an empty cabin.

I hope a good number of single travellers will snap up the chance of a good holiday at a reasonable price and perhaps P&O will then see this works for them too and it won't be the last time the offer is there. Enjoy.

Orcades
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by Orcades »

Thank you P and O. I have been looking for a winter getaway for a while. When I received the pay less as a single traveller email I checked the offers out straightaway. For some Caribbean cruses mentioned earlier if you have a Loyalty Club number it reduces by another 24%ish to £774 :D

I have booked 2 weeks in Caribbean in a Superior Deluxe Balcony. Well it would be rude not to.

May this opportunity for singles continue

Topic author
Jan Rosser
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Jan Rosser »

Orcades wrote:
Thank you P and O. I have been looking for a winter getaway for a while. When I received the pay less as a single traveller email I checked the offers out straightaway. For some Caribbean cruses mentioned earlier if you have a Loyalty Club number it reduces by another 24%ish to £774 :D

I have booked 2 weeks in Caribbean in a Superior Deluxe Balcony. Well it would be rude not to.

May this opportunity for singles continue
Well done Orcades - if I hadn't booked for February I would have been very tempted ;) As you say let's hope these offers continue :thumbup:
Janis

Return to “Cruising for Single Travellers”