Azura - September 2015

Topics for those cruising on their own

Topic author
zumbaqueen
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Azura - September 2015

Post by zumbaqueen »

This is my first time posting on the forum. I'm looking for advice as I will be travelling alone on this cruise as my husband isn't well enough to travel. We usually have 2nd sitting club dining but my TA has suggested 1st sitting table for 8. Can anyone advise would I be better going with this option or changing it to 2nd sitting. Sometimes people don't turn up for the later sitting so I don't want to be on a large table on my own. Any advice would be appreciated.

Manoverboard
Ex Team Member

Re: Azura - September 2015

Post by Manoverboard »

Hello and welcome :wave:

1st sitting is generally the more popular and for a variety of good reasons so I agree with your TA, a table for 8 is also generally a good choice.
Keep smiling, it's good for your well being

Dark Knight
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by Dark Knight »

you could, if you wish , try freedom dining?
there will no doubt be a number of single passengers travelling and P&O do organise get together's for them, so you may find a dining companion to share with, just a thought
Nihil Obstat

Whynd1
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Whynd1 »

Hi zumba queen

Welcome to the forum.

I travel without my husband as his back problem prevents him from travelling far. I usually go for 1st sitting on a table for 8. The restaurant manager tries to place others travelling alone on a table together and its nice to get to know each other. Sometimes people will meet up and go ashore together. It always surprises me how friendly people are on a cruise. P and O organise a coffee morning as well for passengers travelling alone and on formal evenings they usually arrange for you to meet with a member of the entertainments team who looks after the gfroup making sure you have a drink before the captain makes his speech.

Hope this helps.

Lindsey

Manoverboard
Ex Team Member

Post by Manoverboard »

Yes, I find that I need a drink before I can be bothered to listen to the Captain's speech :lol:
Keep smiling, it's good for your well being

Topic author
zumbaqueen
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by zumbaqueen »

Thank you for all your replies. As suggested I'll stick with 1st sitting. I have to have a gluten free diet so club dining suits me better as I can pre-order for the next day. I usually cause mayhem at lunchtimes when it's open sitting when I have to real off my name, cabin number etc. If I fancy a later meal one night I can take advantage of one of the alternative dining options. Am looking forward to going on Azura again as it's one of my favourites.

barney
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by barney »

Welcome and have a great time zumbaqueen
Empty vessels .. and all that

Return to “Cruising for Single Travellers”