Did you know.....

Topics for those cruising on their own

Topic author
GillD46
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Did you know.....

Post by GillD46 »

.......Cunard - if pushed - will allocate double OBC to single passengers paying their 100% single supplement? A lady sitting near us on our last trip, travelling alone between Southampton and Los Angeles, had to pay the 100% SS, but after a lot of arguing, got Cunard to agree that as she had paid for another, non existent person, was entitled to receive that other person's OBC.

And quite right too!
Gill

Kendhni
Ex Team Member

Re: Did you know.....

Post by Kendhni »

Agree totally, and personally speaking, I think she should have received double loyalty points and any other perks that a couple might have expected to receive.

ArtemisMiss
Cadet
Cadet

Post by ArtemisMiss »

A shame that it doesn't translate across the carnival brands!!

AM

Jan Rosser
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Jan Rosser »

It makes a change to hear of solo travellers being treated fairly doesn't it. I agree with you Ken double loyalty points (and champagne) sound a good idea too!
Janis

jacksparrow
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Post by jacksparrow »

I have said all along that whatever percentage of single supplement a single traveller pays they should also get that percentage extra of their obc added on.... Its only fair - obviously not if they are in a single cabin even though the price is more than that of two people in an equivilant type cabin.
The pesky scarfaced pirate

howard18
Third Officer
Third Officer

Post by howard18 »

Most interesting comment from Gill.
Booked a cruise with RCCL some weeks ago. Without asking I was given the full OBC of $1000 as I had paid the 100% supplement
I had not considered the loyalty bonus but this would propel me into the realms of unknown delights including a bottle of wine in my cabin on arrival! I will follow this up with The Crown & Anchor Society.

Howard.
:thumbup:

Jan Rosser
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Jan Rosser »

howard18 wrote:
Booked a cruise with RCCL some weeks ago. Without asking I was given the full OBC of $1000 as I had paid the 100% supplement
I had not considered the loyalty bonus but this would propel me into the realms of unknown delights including a bottle of wine in my cabin on arrival! I will follow this up with The Crown & Anchor Society.

Howard.
Howard I hope you have a great cruise and enjoy spending your OBC - you deserve every penny of it after paying 100% supplement - treat yourself to some champagne !!
Janis

Flora8
Third Officer
Third Officer

Post by Flora8 »

Jan Rosser wrote:
howard18 wrote:

Howard.
Howard I hope you have a great cruise and enjoy spending your OBC - you deserve every penny of it after paying 100% supplement - treat yourself to some champagne !!
I have travelled often with Royal Caribbean !! and paid 100% S/S, but sadly never been given double O B C -I wonder if this is new !! I hope you have a great crews Howard ! and enjoy spending your O B C !!
Flora x

howard18
Third Officer
Third Officer

Post by howard18 »

No luck regarding the loyalty bonus!!

Return to “Cruising for Single Travellers”