Re: Welcome Back Adonia

Post by Mervyn and Trish »

Sindhu was well used when we were aboard. Full the night we went

qbman1
Captain
Captain

Post by qbman1 »

As I said, the area was always pretty well used during the day in our experience, too

Mervyn and Trish
Commodore
Commodore

I think overall better use of space on the ship altogether. The rise is use of personal wifi devices and ship wide wifi means the old style cyber study is less needed, and similarly the rise in Kindles and so on reduces the need for the library. The combined area seemed adequate to me.

colin parry
Second Officer
Second Officer

Post by colin parry »

Having only done a dozen or so cruises on Aurora, I still feel that moving the library is a retrograde step and it further panders to the current obsession with select dining and cooking in general.

Topic author
david63
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by david63 »

colin parry wrote:
it further panders to the current obsession with select dining
Select dining generates income - libraries don't - simples

Mervyn and Trish
Commodore
Commodore

colin parry wrote:
Having only done a dozen or so cruises on Aurora, I still feel that moving the library is a retrograde step and it further panders to the current obsession with select dining and cooking in general.
Each to his own Colin but I'm very happy to take my own books with me and have never used the library. On the other hand we love the extra dining choices.

CaroleF
First Officer
First Officer

Post by CaroleF »

I too take a Kindle - having said I didn't want one when they first appeared. However, the convenience of not having to take 8 or 9 books with me was too great so I got one. Now I use my Kindle but I also really prefer proper books. When I go on a cruise I always pay an early visit to the library and take out a couple of books - if I can find some I want to read - and read those first. I enjoy browsing in the library - particularly the ones on Oceana and Adonia - and I did like the one on Aurora which was magnificent. I suppose if I'm honest part of the reason I didn't like the idea of putting Sindhu on Aurora is that the style of food in Sindhu doesn't appeal either to me or John. We did try it on Azura but neither of us likes spicy food and although the meal was beautifully presented and we did like parts of it, overall we won't go again. Now if they'd put The Epicurean on Aurora I probably wouldn't moan so much about the library being moved! Still, I will still enjoy being on Aurora next week and I will certainly enjoy going back on Adonia at some time in the future. We too liked Sorrento - reserve judgement about the Ocean Grill - think The Epicurean would have been better.

Carole

qbman1
Captain
Captain

Post by qbman1 »

Well, tomorrow is the first booking day for dear old Adonia for the Goldies. At least she is now back on the P&O site although none of the cruises are listed. Still, I know which one I am after so I shall be all over it in the morning !!

Topic author
david63
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by david63 »

Had an email offering some Adonia cruises with 50% off (off what I am not sure when "fluid pricing" is in operation)

qbman1
Captain
Captain

Post by qbman1 »

david63 wrote:
Had an email offering some Adonia cruises with 50% off (off what I am not sure when "fluid pricing" is in operation)
Does that involve paying through the (runny) nose ?!

Manoverboard
Ex Team Member

Post by Manoverboard »

I have an e-mail with 20% off .... have I upset somebody at P&O HQ in spite of our superb Adonia track record ? :shifty:
Keep smiling, it's good for your well being

qbman1
Captain
Captain

Post by qbman1 »

That's probably what they mean by fluid pricing

qbman1
Captain
Captain

Post by qbman1 »

Well. I am all booked up for little Adonia next July with the preferred cabin and all. By coincidence, I'll be away for my birthday so there'll be balloons and singing waiters !

P&O are still floundering, though. A promo card I received said that Goldies could "visit pocruises.com from 7 December". WRONG! Adonia's itineraries are still not available online and the only way to book direct is by ringing them up and going through a 20 minute 'phone call. Hey-ho !

Topic author
david63
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by david63 »

qbman1 wrote:
Adonia's itineraries are still not available online
Oh yes they are - I was looking at them over an hour ago

qbman1
Captain
Captain

Post by qbman1 »

If you enter a specific cruise number it is not recognised and the bloke Juan, whom I spoke to in the call centre told me that the cruises can only be booked online today. Que ?!

Topic author
david63
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by david63 »

Go to the select cruises > Select ALL > Filter by ship (Adonia) - job done

poole boy
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Post by poole boy »

we have also booked Adonia today for September our t/a sorted it out in under 4 minutes very pleased
graham

Return to “About Adonia”