China

Anything to do with river cruising

Topic author
Dancing Queen
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

China

Post by Dancing Queen »

For anyone who is considering a river cruise in China I have just read this review which combines a land tour with a river cruise, it sounds very tiring but fascinating.

http://www.cruise.co.uk/forum/767-chit- ... t-1-a.html
Jo

Manoverboard
Ex Team Member

Re: China

Post by Manoverboard »

We considered a lengthy tour, 28 days in total, in China with several internal flights, land tours and riverboat cruising plus extensive City coverage. All the major highlights ( and food ) were included and the price was extremely reasonable, it was with Wendy Woos.

However, the small print revealed a risk in two places about a couple of really weird unpreventable and untreatable tropical diseases ... so Mobietta said ' NON ' :cry:

ps ... Wendy Woos are the best available in Asia, imo.
Keep smiling, it's good for your well being

david63
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by david63 »

Manoverboard wrote:
Have you actually used them?

China is one place that we are currently looking at (other options are available) and I have been reading some very mixed reviews about Wendy Woos, unfortunately mostly bad - also their prices seem too good to be true.

Romig1
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Romig1 »

Thanks for bumping this up, as I hadn't seen it before. We are doing a part-similar tour in April, but we will continue on the Yangtze as far downstream as Shanghai. we thought the extra couple of days cruising would be more relaxing after a hectic schedule. We travel with Titan btw, and will happily answer any queries after our return.

Manoverboard
Ex Team Member

Post by Manoverboard »

david63 wrote:
Manoverboard wrote:
Have you actually used them?

China is one place that we are currently looking at (other options are available) and I have been reading some very mixed reviews about Wendy Woos, unfortunately mostly bad - also their prices seem too good to be true.
We obtained our advice from a number of couples from Oz, who we have travelled with a number of times over recent years, who had travelled with Wendy Woos.

As for reviews ... I hear tell that some people even complain about P&O let alone Wendy Woos :shock:

ps ... did anybody complain that the wild pandas do not live in the City Centre :lol:

If the moans are from North Americans then ignore them, they expect sanitised surroundings even in the rural areas and all their Hotels to be on a par with a Sheraton Grand, Aussies on the other hand are happier to go for a pseudo bush holiday so taking note of their comments would be a more sensible guide.

On tours such as these they will offer the best that is available and that may not be at a level one is used to, but isn't that part of the experience ?
Keep smiling, it's good for your well being

Wina G
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Post by Wina G »

We've just had notification from Titan Tours that the China visa cost has increased AGAIN because of the Consular fee ... this is the 3rd time since we booked the tour this time last year :o

It has now almost doubled in price :twisted:

Return to “River Cruising”