Drinks Package

Anything about Celebrity cruises

Quizzical Bob
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Re: Drinks Package

Post by Quizzical Bob »

haveabeer wrote:
i have a question we holiday with another couple and and we usually buy drinks as required if we buy drinks then we always buy for our friends
they do the same
Like Pre dinner drinks whoever is ready first then they go to the bar and order drinks for everyone my question is can you still purchase four drinks and put them on your package or does esch person have to get there own drinks and each sign for it
You can buy as many as you like. My brother in law once bought everybody in the bar a drink on his birthday.

MaureenB
Second Officer
Second Officer

Post by MaureenB »

Quizzical Bob wrote:
haveabeer wrote:
i have a question we holiday with another couple and and we usually buy drinks as required if we buy drinks then we always buy for our friends
they do the same
Like Pre dinner drinks whoever is ready first then they go to the bar and order drinks for everyone my question is can you still purchase four drinks and put them on your package or does esch person have to get there own drinks and each sign for it
You can buy as many as you like. My brother in law once bought everybody in the bar a drink on his birthday.

So sorry to argue, but having just completed a cruise on 22 September on Eclipse, I can confirm that you CANNOT buy more than one drink at a time from your drinks package, be it Classic or Premium. I could not even buy a bottle of water to take away plus a can of coke to drink!! My cruising chum had a non alcoholic package and I had the Premium boozy package and we had to proffer BOTH cards to get a drink each in any of the bars!! It was true that you only had to wait a few more minutes to order another drink, but bulk ordering was a no no!!

Maureen

Quizzical Bob
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Quizzical Bob »

MaureenB wrote:
Quizzical Bob wrote:
haveabeer wrote:
they do the same

So sorry to argue, but having just completed a cruise on 22 September on Eclipse, I can confirm that you CANNOT buy more than one drink at a time from your drinks package, be it Classic or Premium. I could not even buy a bottle of water to take away plus a can of coke to drink!! My cruising chum had a non alcoholic package and I had the Premium boozy package and we had to proffer BOTH cards to get a drink each in any of the bars!! It was true that you only had to wait a few more minutes to order another drink, but bulk ordering was a no no!!

Maureen
Sorry, I was talking about P&O but even then I missed the word 'package'.

Please don't feel sorry about correcting me, especially when I'm wrong. I wouldn't call it 'arguing'.

MaureenB
Second Officer
Second Officer

Post by MaureenB »

Quizzical Bob wrote:
MaureenB wrote:
Quizzical Bob wrote:
haveabeer wrote:
they do the same

Maureen
Sorry, I was talking about P&O but even then I missed the word 'package'.

Please don't feel sorry about correcting me, especially when I'm wrong. I wouldn't call it 'arguing'.

Oh Wow........................a man who admits he's wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :clap: :lol: ..................Will you marry me? :wave:

With a grin and a giggle

Maureen

Quizzical Bob
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Quizzical Bob »

Don't get excited Maureen, it won't happen again :)

Topic author
ChrisB
Third Officer
Third Officer

Post by ChrisB »

We have just cancelled our September cruise on the Eclipse. We are both very sad to have had to do this but Brian was taken ill in May with kidney failure. We then had to cancel our May cruise on Emerald Princess. We were hoping that he would be well enough to make the cruise on Eclipse but unfortunately he is not well enough. He has been through the mill this past two months. I just need to see the turning point, I am sure it will come along soon. So Haveabeer, and everyone else on this cruise, have a great time. Spare a little thought for us.
Regards
Chris

Dancing Queen
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Dancing Queen »

Oh how disappointing for you Chris, I'm sure the turning point isn't far away .. just hang in there :D

Best wishes to you both and I hope you are back cruising soon.
Jo

Topic author
ChrisB
Third Officer
Third Officer

Post by ChrisB »

Thanks Jo. I am sure the turning point is just around the corner. It's just so terrible seeing the person you love so ill.
Regards
Chris

Holiday Planner
Second Officer
Second Officer

Post by Holiday Planner »

Oh Chris, so sorry to hear that Brian is not any better. What a shame that you've had to cancel another cruise. Love to both of you, & prayers for good health xx
Angela

Topic author
ChrisB
Third Officer
Third Officer

Post by ChrisB »

Angela. Brian has really been through the wars. He has lost so much weight. He does not want to eat and sleeps most of the time. He has been in hospital 4 times since May and we are back to Brighton renal unit tomorrow. He has never been ill, always fit and healthy. This kidney failure just hit him back in May. So enjoy life each day as you just don't know what's around the corner. Thanks for your concern and good wishes, Our love to you and the family. xx
Regards
Chris

wolfie
First Officer
First Officer

Post by wolfie »

I do hope that things improve and that you can book another cruise in the future, Chris.

I am not one for opening my personal circumstances to all but I do know what a serious diagnosis means, even though the diagnosis that we had is not the same, it has an impact on every part of your life, your hopes and plans for the future, everything.

Over 16 years ago a consultation of just 5 minutes changed our lives and our outlook on the future for ever, irrevocably, but, we grabbed that future by the B**** and made as much of it as we possibly could. TG we had already done as much travelling as possible and the big one. That can never be taken away from us. I took very early retirement and we went for all that we could, big time.

Yes, we had to cancel a cruise 3 years ago when OH was hospitalised yet again, we have had to curtail where we go, mainly due to the amount of medication needed to take with us and the possibility of being off loaded if there was an emergency, BUT we still cruise, when we can, and when circumstance allow.

Don't be too despondent; you have your priorities right, your husband first and foremost, cruises will hopefully come later, when things are more stable.

Take care.

GillD46
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by GillD46 »

Some of these posts show what is REALLY important in life. A cruise, indeed any holiday, is lovely, sometimes wonderful, but pales into insignificance compared with good health.

I am fortunate enough to have pretty good health, as is my husband, other family members have serious health issues that will never improve. I wish those of you with serious health problems that severely impact on life, the very best and hope that you are able to enjoy as much as you can, when you can.
Gill

Singletraveler1
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by Singletraveler1 »

Hi Chris, just been on Eclipse and would definitely recommend upgrading to the Premium package - definitely saved money and no signing for drinks (P&O take note).

oldbluefox
Ex Team Member

Post by oldbluefox »

GillD46 wrote:
Some of these posts show what is REALLY important in life. A cruise, indeed any holiday, is lovely, sometimes wonderful, but pales into insignificance compared with good health.

I am fortunate enough to have pretty good health, as is my husband, other family members have serious health issues that will never improve. I wish those of you with serious health problems that severely impact on life, the very best and hope that you are able to enjoy as much as you can, when you can.
Never a truer word was spoken. My sympathies with all those who have to contend with illnesses. I am fortunate in being pretty healthy but I realise that may not always be the case. In the meantime I make the most of every day and refuse to allow trivia to get in the way. Best wishes to all those who are not as fortunate as I am.

Back on topic, not being much of a drinker included drinks packages would not interest me but I can see those who enjoy a drink or two, or three, would find drinks packages attractive.

Return to “Celebrity”